Become a Continuous Improvement Senior Advisor at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. One of SCE’s long-term strategic objectives is achieving Operational and Service excellence, as defined by best-in class performance in Safety, Reliability, Customer Satisfaction & Affordability. The ability to achieve this objective, and ultimately success of the company overall, requires integrating Operational and Service Excellence into our culture and business model, and building a Continuous Improvement (CI) capability that spans the organization. The company’s ability to meet our performance objectives will determine the competitive viability of our company as we face industry challenges. This cannot be accomplished without the systematic deployment and adoption of common Continuous Improvement tools and building organizational CI maturity.
It is critical that the company devote sufficient resources and expertise to both implementation of initiatives that support best-in-class performance on critical success factors, and the training and knowledge sharing on common tools and practices that expand Continuous Improvement capability throughout SCE. Meeting this need requires in depth knowledge of:
- Lean & Six Sigma (LSS) tools and practices.
- Theory and practical application of continuous improvement principles and concepts
- Project management
- Organizational Change Management
This position will be a Master Black Belt Lean Six Sigma / Continuous Improvement expert within the Corporate CI team that drives deployment of Continuous Improvement across the company. Key processes of this team are establishing a standard approach and standard tools for Continuous Improvement and process improvement; developing, training, coaching, and supporting employees in process improvement methodologies at all levels; and building the CI capability within organizational units to sustainably support ongoing Continuous Improvement. Common responsibilities of this position include owning primary responsibility for supporting one of the OU’s CI efforts and CI capability maturity growth and managing one or more of the CI training programs. Additional responsibilities include supporting ongoing continuous improvement of training materials and CI processes, creating new material and programs as needed, and support and delivery of training courses at all levels. As a Continuous Improvement Senior Advisor, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions, and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Providing guidance, subject matter expertise, and oversight in support of assigned OU’s CI efforts and CI capability maturity growth in process management, performance management, project execution and governance, and strategy.
- Managing one or more of the CI training programs (kaizen facilitator, Green Belt, Black Belt, etc.).
- Delivering formal and informal training at all levels, creating new material and programs as needed, and ongoing continuous improvement of materials and CI processes.
- Actively leading, promoting, and managing change.
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ten (10) or more years of experience implementing CI practices and sustaining improvements using Lean, Six Sigma, and similar continuous improvement programs on a large scale, including at least 3 years in a full-time CI or LSS role.
- Understanding of both theory and practical application of continuous improvement principles and tools.
- Ability to use and analyze complex data to identify opportunities and offer solutions.
- Strong interpersonal, change management and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate data, context, and implications to business stakeholders.
- Lean Six Sigma (or similar) certification at a Black Belt or Lean Sensei level from a recognized company or institution.
- Master’s Degree
- Leadership experience implementing CI programs
- Exposure to Advanced Data Analytics
- Project Management training
- Utilities industry experience
- Lean Six Sigma (or similar) certification at a Master Black Belt-level from a recognized company or institution