Purpose: As a member of the Fullerton leadership team, the Continuous Improvement Specialist will partner with senior leaders to identify, drive, and execute strategic projects / initiatives aligned to the organization’s priorities. This role will work frontline in developing a culture of process innovation connecting our business using data, analytics and process excellence.
1. Financial: Work with General Manager to establish and meet project budgets while minimizing expenses.
2. Process Improvement: Proactively identify and facilitate opportunities to optimize work processes, including process flow, substrate selection, equipment efficiencies, and equipment modification. Lead targeted workouts to improve business processes and deliver measurable business impact.
3. Safety: Assure the safety, protection and efficient use of financial, physical and human assets.
4. Product Development: Assist in qualifying and commercializing product improvements to ensure fit: meeting customer demands, production feasibility, cost/benefit and safety.
5. Customer Relationship: Support a customer-focused culture at the plants, supporting the development of new products and technologies. Work cross-functionally to leverage best practices and maximize desired outcomes for the business and our customers.
6. Continuous Improvement: Partner with senior leaders to create a culture of relentless pursuit of continuous improvement. Provide leadership and facilitation of process improvement and data driven methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma, Change Management). Help drive communication, including project updates, coordination of activities and other initiatives.
7. Production Goals and Objectives: Support production and maintenance metrics by providing ways to simplify processes and optimize results.
8. Knowledge: Maintain and improve personal product knowledge and skills. Obtain Market Intelligence for sharing within Multi-Color. Stay abreast of new technologies, products and processes pertaining to the industry.
9. Values: Model the Corporate Values and Principles. Instill a high performance, people-powered culture by meeting high expectations and providing strong levels of support.
5-10 applicable experience with proven technical ability. Passion for process excellence, simplification and improvement
Experience in Continuous (LEAN) Manufacturing desired
Printing Industry a plus
Green Belt Certified
Lean Bronze Certified
18 -24 projects per year
Literate in Microsoft Office or the equivalent. The ability to understand and utilize database programs.
Perform high school level mathematical calculations.
Travel and move about in offices and plants. Travel to customer and supplier sites. Demonstrate a professional image.