Thermo Fisher Scientific
The role will facilitate implementation of the Practical Process Improvement (PPI) Business System at the site level to enable profitable growth, intensify the customer experience and increase employee engagement. The position collaborates with key stakeholders to lead projects and kaizen events by deploying structured problem solving to improve systems and eliminate waste. The role involves facilitating the lean fundamentals, such as visual management/5S, value stream mapping, standard work, metric boards, stand-up meetings and project funnel coordination. It also involves developing capability in these areas by training teams and providing coaching through the events.
- Provide support to develop lean expertise and capability within the organization.
- Drives lean thinking to create enterprise level value stream management across both operations and non-operations functions.
- Lead and facilitate training in LEAN and PPI (Practical Process Improvement) Principles for the organization by implementing standard process improvement tools for both non-operations and operations departments.
- Leads a re-invigoration of the 5S system at the site across operations functions.
- Analyze highly complex processes and partners with key business stakeholders to identify opportunities, present ideas, and make recommendations based upon analysis to further business goals.
- Lead/work with functional teams to implement and streamline processes to improve the customer experience, enable profitable growth and become more efficient.
- Insightfully cultivate an action-biased culture of continuous improvement to improve KPIs, in the areas of safety ,customer, finance, people and quality.
- Improve the decision-making model and problem solving capabilities within high performance teams to increase autonomy and the pace of change.
- Work with the expanded team to develop/promote/standardize the PPI Business System further.
- Proactively interface with internal customers and peers to drive continuous improvement initiatives, using Lean and Six Sigma principles.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, operations or business
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with and positively influence leadership and all levels of the organization
- A holistic thinker who can look site-wide to integrate and streamline systems for optimal benefit.
- Able to drive continuous improvement in both non-operational and operational areas, including connecting the cross-functional resources to remove waste along the extended value streams.
- Passion for driving improvement and leading change
- Proven track record for developing, training, and coaching teams
- Great communicator, including solid written, oral and presentation-giving skills.
- Broad knowledge of multi-functional processes and financial business methods
- High ethical standards to support a professional business code of conduct
- Leadership roles from disciplines such as operations, commercial, engineering, quality, or product management
- A Lean Practitioner with 2+ years of experience and a ‘hands-on’ track record of implementing successful TPS fundamentals including elements such as:
- Visual management/5S, value stream mapping, standard work, metric boards, stand-up meetings and project funnel coordination
- Expertise in problem-solving utilizing a formal program/process