The Continuous Improvement Specialist will be responsible for using Lean and Six Sigma principles to drive continuous improvement initiatives and operational excellence. This individual will work closely with the Operations and Supply Chain team to recognize opportunities and implement and sustain improvements. This position would coach and train others on lean tools such as Value Stream Mapping, 5S, Standard Work, Cellular Flow, Set Up reduction, etc. The CI Specialist would need to possess excellent leadership and project management skills.
Specific Responsibilities: Below highlights key responsibilities, but is not all inclusive.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement, waste removal, and cost reduction.
- Plan, facilitate and execute continuous improvement events using Lean Six Sigma tools as well as lead long term projects.
- Teach, lead and coach cross-functional teams on Lean Six Sigma tools and methodology.
- Work to continuously improve processes both on the production floor as well as transactional by collaborating with multiple functions.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Characteristics
- Demonstrated experience with Lean and Six Sigma methodology.
- Experience leading continuous improvement events and using statistical analysis
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and influence cross-functionally
- Strong working knowledge of MS Suite including advanced skills with Microsoft Excel
- Detail oriented and thorough
- Demonstrated ability to work in high pace, changing environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Merger and acquisition exposure desirable
- B.S. or B.E. required, preferably in Manufacturing, Supply Chain, or Industrial Engineering. M.S. or M.B.A strongly preferred.
- 3-7 years’ experience in Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement or Operations Management.
- Mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer.
- Ability to use vison to read computer screen and read printed materials.