Solution Health, Elliot Hospital, Manchester, NH
Full-time - 40 hours per week, 8:00am-5:00pm
Elliot Health System (EHS) is the largest provider of comprehensive healthcare services in Southern New Hampshire. The cornerstone of EHS is Elliot Hospital, 296-bed acute care facility located in Manchester, NH. Together, Southern New Hampshire Health and Elliot Health System, the founding members of SolutionHealth, are committed to innovative care and collaboration models that improve the health and well-being of more than half a million residents of our region. We start with committing to do the right thing, for each patient, always. To learn more please visit: https://www.solutionhealth.org/
The Continuous Improvement (CI) Specialist is responsible for leading and facilitating improvement projects within the organization using improvement science and methodologies such as lean and six sigma. This includes working with and coaching front-line teams and area leaders using a data-driven, scientific problem-solving approach and teaching continuous improvement methods. The CI specialist works with area leaders and teams to identify areas of improvement, obtain a clear understating of the current-state, define and measure the problem, articulate target state, understand root causes of not reaching target state, define countermeasures, and facilitates project teams for successful project implementation. The CI specialist also works with teams to develop key performance indicators to monitor project results and develop control plans to mitigate project risk. The CI specialist also assists in applying change management techniques to prepare the organization for change, managing the change and reinforcing the change for successful improvement. The CI specialist promotes a culture of continuous improvement within the organization. The CI specialist will report to the Director of the Center for Clinical Excellence.
· Lead and facilitate improvement projects/initiatives within the organization to improve and redesign processes which are critical to quality and patient care.
· Engage front-line staff in using lean and six sigma principles and tools to eliminate waste, improve flow, and create value for patients and internal customers.
· Collaborates with various members of the organization to collate a team of the "right" people for successful end to end project implementation.
· Utilizes a data-driven approach including development of key performance indicators with data collection, monitoring and analysis.
· Conducts and facilitates effective team meetings to ensure that the team is aligned with current state, a defined and measured problem, target state, root causes of problem, countermeasures, goals for implementation and how project will be sustained.
· Proficient in presenting data, information, and project updates to area leaders and teams.
· Deliver verbal and written presentations and project status updates.
· Manage small to large projects via project management tools and skills including agenda setting, creating gantt charts, project plans, and forming communication strategies.
· Facilitate education of area leaders and teams on improvement science, methodology, and concepts.
· Proficient in the knowledge and use of change management techniques. Manages team dynamics, organizational dynamics for successful outcomes.
· Drive the continuous improvement culture within the organization through leading by example.
· Encourages creative thinking
· Develops people through education and coaching on continuous improvement methods and scientific problem solving.
· Ensure improvement work is consistent with and supportive of Elliot’s mission, vision, and strategic plans.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
· Knowledge of various improvement methodologies with demonstrated experience in application of continuous improvement skills for project implementation and sustainability.
· Ability to perform statistical analysis to define the problem and data as well as better understand root causes for problems to create measurable and effective solutions.
· Ability to maintain industry knowledge of improvement methodology and initiatives.
· Proven team facilitation experience.
· Strong analysis skills for collection, root cause and tracking purposes.
· Excellent problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work independently and take initiative.
· Knowledge of various improvement methodologies and able to use a specific methodology end-to-end.
· The ability to collaborate with area leaders for the planning and implementation of projects.
· Confident with high energy and strong interpersonal skills.
· Knowledge of continuous improvement principles and concepts.
· Education: BA/BS in Healthcare, Statistics, Informatics, Business, Engineering or other related field required.
· Experience: Three (3) to five (5) years of Continuous Improvement experience required. One (1) to three (3) years additional experience in a management role or healthcare field preferred although not essential.
· Certification/Licensure: Lean/Six Sigma Blackbelt/Master Blackbelt Certification, advanced training or certification required. Project Management certification is preferred.
· Software/Hardware: Various statistical packages such as Minitab; Microsoft product suite including Excel, Word and Visio; Epic EMR and SAS Visual Analytics experience a plus.
Interested applicants are encouraged to visit us online for a full description to apply at:
All inquiries will remain confidential.
SolutionHealth is an equal opportunity employer embracing the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. We provide a welcoming and supportive environment for employees of all ethnic backgrounds, cultures, ages, lifestyles and physical abilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday