This position requires regular hours in office, with some work from home hours. This will change to fulltime in office in the future.
We are seeking an Operational Excellence Continuous Improvement professional to facilitate, lead, and coach improvements that improve the organization’s business and financial performance. This position will develop and foster a culture of Continuous Improvement (CI) by leading improvement activities involving employees from all levels of the Organization.
Competencies/Skills: This person should have demonstrated experience in facilitating and leading cross functional improvement efforts. An ability to build relationships that broaden the scope of influence is critical for this position.
Key competencies/skills required include:
- Use of Lean tools to help teams define desired and actual states and identify the issues driving gaps between the two
- Using visual management and tiered meetings to create a daily problem solving environment
- Identifying and facilitating improvement opportunities in transactional and operational areas of the organization
- Identifying cost reduction opportunities and focusing improvements to realize them
- Facilitation of Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Kaizen, and Production Planning Process (3P) workshops
- Leveraging statistical methods in making data driven decisions throughout the business.
- Change management and building strong relationships that support leading change
- Ability to scope, charter, and lead site wide improvements
- Train, educate, and mentor in the use of improvement tools and methodologies
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office
- Strong skills in data collection, organization and analysis tools, including Minitab, SQL, and/or JMP preferred
- Experience with MRP systems and business financial measures preferred
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 6 recent years with the Continuous Improvement title and responsibilities
- 2+ years in a manufacturing environment
- Certification in Lean or Six Sigma
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Able to provide guidance, coaching and training to other employees
- Able to managing complex projects, involving delegation of work and review of work products
- Ability to communicate within and outside of own function and communicate with parties external to the organization (e.g., customers, vendors, etc.) when necessary.
- Opportunities for problem solving and innovation are complex and may require comprehensive information gathering, analysis and investigation to understand the problem.
- Works to achieve operational targets with direct impact on the departmental results.