Manage to company’s VMVO expectations while directly engaging in all Pillar continuous improvement and WCM initiatives. The Continuous Improvement Supervisor provides leadership and guidance for all employees to continuously improve plant metrics to world class levels by engaging and interacting with all employees in area of responsibility. The Continuous Improvement Supervisor is responsible to identify and improve the outcomes of manufacturing and operational processes to improve efficiencies, manage facility training regimen, documentation of the training process, and manage all operational controlled Production and Maintenance documents, with the goal of increasing standardization and improving employee competencies that result in providing superior product quality, improved operational efficiencies, generate enhanced cost savings, and deliver greater customer satisfaction.
- Reports directly to the Operations Manager and is a key member of the operations team
- Ensure that appropriate safety processes and methods are being utilized in all positions
- Implement Lean / WCM principles/practices to minimize all forms of waste
- Support factory with all WCM initiatives and internal/external audits
- Identify ongoing lean improvement training needs and assist with developing and implementing the required training
- Supports all production shifts and employees as required by all improvement initiatives
- Responsible to manage, develop, implement, and sustain a comprehensive WCM proficiency program for all production operators on all lines that can be managed by production supervisors
- Develop, update, and maintain standard work instructions, One Point Lessons, training procedures, manuals, and training documentation for operator proficiency program for all positions and supports supervisors with employee training
- Be the main liaison for quality related training requirements to support all production operators and supervisors to ensure compliance with ISO 9001 training requirements.
- Track all quality training required per specific positions
- Ability to measure, define, describe, document, and communicate job duties, requirements, and responsibilities to employees at varying levels of hierarchy within the organization
- Ability to ascertain and differentiate employee skill levels to evaluate abilities, training needs, and opportunities
- Ability to carry out advanced data collection and analysis for process mapping, time studies, and job evaluations
- Ability to evaluate the current state of operations versus the goal of a future state
- Serves as 5S Plant Champion & supports 5S & Model Areas initiatives throughout the factory.
- Train employees on JSA’s by position
- Leads Kaizen events for continuous improvement
- Support the implementation of a formal problem solving system
- Supervise direct reports as assigned
- Responsible to fill in for Production Supervisor or Production Lead Supervisor as requested per the Operations Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in manufacturing environment preferred
- Strong leadership skills and ability to learn and apply new concepts
- Strong change management skills to include the implementation of Lean Manufacturing principles and concepts
- Ability to organize and plan use of time and people effectively and efficiently
- Ability to function, multi-task, and influence others in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written), problem solving and analytical skills
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills to solve practical issues and deal with a variety of changing situations; Six Sigma experience is a plus
- Training and experience in Lean/WCM manufacturing principles and Kaizen facilitation
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel/Word/Power point
- Ability to travel as periodically required (up to 25%)