The Continuous Process Improvement specialist is responsible to drive our improvement in personnel development, safety, quality, delivery, cost, inventory, and cycle-time management, allowing the business to be scalable for continuous growth and efficiency improvement. Measures of success of this position will include the level of employee engagement, the level of employee training, project level success which could be quantified in terms of, but not limited to, monetary savings, time savings, labor savings, quality improvements, on time delivery improvements, and improvements in customer satisfaction. This position will report to the Director of Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and improve manufacturing processes as well as support systems that will improve our business competitiveness. Coordinate continuous improvement efforts that would reflect overall organization priorities and needs. Lead, develop and help execute breakthrough operational improvements to achieve stepped level changes in processes. Facilitate current projects, identify future improvement events, and measure results.
- Develop and drive improvements for the site’s cost improvement (CI) projects that contribute to the company’s annual cost improvement initiative. Establish annual, quarterly and monthly CI objectives. Align CI Initiatives with the site strategic plan. Ensure development, tracking and the use of key performance indicators to promote operational and business results.
- Work closely with Business Process Stakeholders throughout the organization, help to clarify objectives, identifying strategies, and implement appropriate actions. Provide hands-on lean coaching and methods. Work with project leads and teams, hold kaizens and other improvement events, and facilitate change.
- Implement site idea generation & suggestion communication processes. Ensure objectives are flown down and understood - “Cascade CI Objectives”. Track, prioritize & recommend improvement initiatives.
- Select, coach and train “project lead” for each CI project and support the Teams with Problem Solving tool. Perform regular and periodic Validation of each CI Project.
- Ensure the process defined and there are flow-charts with logical progressions and specific measurable goals. Develop CI meeting formats. Ensure shared Leadership occur – honored by team members and management. Ensure that accountability present and commitments made. Facilitate the benefit tracker of each CI.
- Champion and Institutionalize a Culture using simple problem solving methods, plus personal example and leadership.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Lead EMS companies in applying problem-solving skills to improve Processes, aligning them with Customer Requirements, and Institutionalizing Learning
- More than 5 Years implementing CI (Continuous Improvement) and Operational Excellence Methods such as Performance Measures and Score-Carding, 5S, QMS gap analysis and implementation.
- Use of Office: Word, Excel, Power Point, Etc. or Application Programs such as MS Project, AutoCAD, VISIO, MINITAB, SPSS, etc · Require Knowledge of Manufacturing Systems, GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices), MRP, MTM, New Product Introduction Process, Re-Engineering Processes, Maintenance, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Project Management, ISO/QS, Environmental and Safety Standards, etc.
- Require Leadership, Negotiating and Team Building Skills