This role is instrumental in driving the adoption of lean into excellence culture by maximizing profitability through world class manufacturing strategies and their tactical deployment that drives value creation & waste elimination. Adopt methods where we are continually seeking Zero waste, Zero defects and Zero customer complaints. Closely supervise and evaluate how we craft, produce and deliver our solutions and services. Optimize crucial activities to improve operational speed, quality and safety at an efficient cost.
You Will Make an Impact By:
Improving the customer experience based on CommScope delivering outstanding performance and products. Creating an all encompassing environment focused on waste elimination and improving value. Assisting local partners to improve the organization through their personal development of knowledge, understanding & enabling deployment of change through Lean/6 sigma principles and techniques.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:
- As a leader, your role will encompass CommScope’s Extended Value Stream which will include but not be limited to - Supply Chain (Suppliers, Supplier Logistics, Direct Shipment), Operations (factory, inter entity & DCs including supporting logistics, Local Site Business Process (indirect functions and IT systems and infrastructure not including corp IT functions) and customer related processes.
- Create an environment locally that promotes, communicates, educates, deploys and delivers consistent performance to continuous improvement goals through a balance of quality and speed. Supports Integrity of Design, Production and Delivery at optimum cost, based on the business need to meet the customer requirements. Coaches and drives resolution of systemic quality issues to ensure reduced waste and improved customer satisfaction. Monitor execution of local and own objectives to goal and initiating course changes as and when required in support of goal attainment.
- Create a Kaizen culture that adopts “speed” for positive change. Create learning environment that achieves goals, through effective training and support of skill development in program. Be an integral partner to design, operations, manufacturing engineering, quality, Planning, Procurement, PLM in Continuous Improvement.
- Acquire proficiency and understanding of profit improvement (PIP) goals attainment for the local site, reporting PIP status/results and obtain CAPEX financial awareness and acuity to support PIPs
- Encourage development of our people through active learning via workshops. Training, mentoring, and coaching with regards to utilization of appropriate tools and techniques like Lean, Six Sigma, VSM to reduce waste and variability, improve processes, and identify and mitigate risks. Assist with the execution of CommScope’s local belt program white, orange, green and where required black belt certified practitioners
- Bachelors degree ideally in engineering with five years of related experience ideally in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in CI tools like Lean Manufacturing, TQM, Six Sigma, SPC, FMEA, Control Plans, Root Cause Analysis, Poka Yoke, etc. Certified black belt.
- Ability to train and educate employees at all levels of the organization. Lead project teams through the program using associated tools, techniques and methodologies.
- Excellent decision making and interpersonal skills and an ability to run multiple projects and priorities
- Strong MS Excel skills.
- Strong preference for bi-lingual candidates