This position supports and directs various operational activities and special projects as assigned by the respective Group Vice President relative to their areas of responsibility. This role will be a part of an enterprise wide group of operational leaders who play a key role in projects which have significant customer, financial and operational visibility. Through partnerships with the VP’s, Directors, and General Managers and their respective teams within that network, this position will help establish the needed infrastructure to support the respective Networks, including but not limited to the following:
- Account/Operations Management
- Project Management
- Implementation Support.
- Management Support
- Sales Support
- Lead and coordinate high level site specific projects which are focused on achieving key customer metrics and improve Kenco Operations.
- Coordinate best practice efforts throughout assigned facilities. Benchmark other business unit internal and external to Kenco to identify and implement best practices to help improve operations.
- Provide mentorship to facility leadership in the areas of operational execution.
- Play an active role in all site level financial /operational events during assigned projects such as leadership meetings, financial reviews and quarterly business reviews
- Coordinate product and process improvement activities, such as brainstorming sessions (internal and with suppliers), best practice reviews, etc.
- Ensure business is operated and charges applied consistent with the contract and scope of work and requirements.
- Conduct site visits, with considerable time on the GEMBA, utilizing Leaders Storyboard and lean assessment tools while encouraging the use of Lean principles around SOP’s, standard work, 5S, kiazan and employee engagement.
- Use Lean Six Sigma tools to make decisions and improve operational efficiency.
- Champion support of corporate initiatives and training by developing collaborative working relationships with all functional business partners in Sales & Marketing, HR, IT, Finance, Risk Management, Best Practices and Real Estate.
- Actively participate in succession planning efforts and employee development to support the company’s growth.
- Communicate effectively with all levels in the organization.
- Be a highly visible leader and coach, spending considerable time with associates on the floor and with local and corporate leadership teams.
- Create a culture of accountability within assigned leadership team by implementing operational goals and objectives, monitoring results and requiring corrective action plans.
- Be Safety oriented, embracing a commitment to implement prescribed safety programs leading to the safety of all associates under the purview of assigned operations.
- Position will drive Bench Strength through leadership-based principles, growth/development initiatives, and cross functionality training.
- Support development and execution of Vertical Strategic Plan.
- Support the operation team leaders with reviews and/or presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college required; B.A. preferred
- Minimum of five years of experience in Supply Chain Management required; preference given to candidates with 10+ years’ supply chain management expertise.
- Experience with labor/workforce management systems (i.e. SAP, Red Prairie, High Jump, etc.) highly desired.
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt preferred but not required.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-tasking environment; demonstrated ability to work effectively under stress and pressure; ability to manage multiple projects and meet specific goals and deadlines.
- Highly proficient in necessary computer applications (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Business Acumen - Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization.
- Communicate for Impact - Devoting the time and resources necessary to communicate the strategic vision, direction, priorities, and progress of the team for which you are responsible.
- Leading People - Ability to develop and implement strategies to maximize employee performance and foster employee engagement in meeting the organization's strategy.
- Managing Transitions / Change Management - Effectively plans, manages and communicates changes in processes with appropriate stakeholders.
- Relationship Management - Building and maintaining relationships with internal partners to successfully complete projects and organizational objectives.
- Strategic Agility - Gains perspective and balances the pressure between daily tasks and strategic actions that impact the long-term viability of the organization.
- This position is expected to travel approximately 25% or less.