PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
The Design For Six Sigma (DFSS) Black Belt is responsible for guiding, mentoring and supporting Kenworth Engineering to reach a continually higher level of engineering performance through the use of Design for Six Sigma tools. The DFSS belt will mentor engineers and project managers on DFSS tool usage, teach DFSS classes and ensure progress on methodology usage in conjunction with the tollgate process.
- Apply Six Sigma tools to improve engineering process and products, eliminating defects and waste.
- Provide analysis and feedback to management on project activities and improvements.
- Mentor and support DFSS Belts.
- Transfer best practices, techniques, procedures and tools other continuous improvement teams.
- Demonstrate successful application of Six Sigma methodologies to improve product and process quality.
- Develop and lead cross-functional teams to recommend and implement product and process improvements.
- Assist with formal Six Sigma training, which may include the development of material, identification of appropriate candidates, and organization of class logistics.
- High energy level, goal oriented self-starter with willingness to learn new ideas.
- Proven leadership and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Desire to drive change and improve processes and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Able to manage and resolve conflict.
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills.
- Related design and/or manufacturing experience.
- Knowledge of design and tollgate processes.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Minitab
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline.
- Design for Six Sigma training
- Basic statistical knowledge
- Advanced degree.
- Six Sigma Black belt or DFSS Certification.
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.