- Direct team members and activities with overall responsibility in implementing and sustaining Edwards Operating System (E O S) and Value Improvement Programs (VIPs), developing systems, planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, recommending and implementing changes to methods through several managers or SMEs. Drive a value stream mindset and culture of continuous improvement based on lean and Six Sigma principles and EW Production System (E O S)
- Establish and drive process for developing plant strategy, PMOs, and plant performance measures while ensuring alignment with GSC and network strategy. Partner with cross-functional groups/resources and BUs to achieve tactical execution of business objectives. Responsible for the establishment and oversight of plant PMO in alignment with GSC PMO. Oversee the development and execution of the plant master project plan, establish priorities, and escalate risks to senior management
- Develop and collaborate with Finance and other functions in the development of a financial model in order to standardize Product Transfers and components.
- Develop a robust talent development and succession planning in alignment with functional growth strategies across Plant Business Excellence (BEx) and the Project Management Office (PMO)
- Lead and coordinate plant Lean/Six Sigma/Green Belt training programs and serve as a Business Excellence subject matter expert in mentoring, providing knowledge-transfer and technical guidance to Master Black Belt candidates
- Lead Industrial Engineering activities (e.g., line layouts, time studies, metric gathering) in collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Other incidental duties
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in related field and related experience in managing large to midsize projects and/or programs of increasing complexity and skill levels exceeding the requirements of the Senior Manager, and demonstrated track record in people management, required. Master's Degree or equivalent in related field and experience working in a regulated industry, preferred.
- Proven successful project management leadership skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and related tools and systems
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills including high discretion/judgment in decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
- Ability to influence stakeholders
- Expert understanding of business excellence procedures while looking beyond existing methodologies and own discipline to define and resolve complex problems
- Expert understanding and knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to lean and/or Six Sigma
- Extensive experience in facilitating change, including collaboration with management and executive stakeholders
- Extensive understanding of statistical analysis tools/methodology, project management, continuous improvement, quality and financial principles
- Extensive understanding in manufacturing, continuous flow, value added concepts and requirements (e.g., VSM (Value Stream Mapping), Kaizen, Standard Work and Visual Management)
- Demonstrated ability to direct teams and provide coaching and feedback, including responsibility for all employee actions including hire/fire authority and partnering with HR on all aspects of employee relations
- Strict attention to detail
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
- Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment
- Interacts with senior management, and others concerning matters of significance to the company
- Conduct business and technical briefings for senior and top management and for external representatives
- Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers; interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization
- Dedicated to quality client service and pro-active and responsive to client needs.
- Develop peer, cross functional and cross business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness.
- Provide leadership and direction to large cross-functional teams to successfully implement global enterprise systems and related solutions
- Develop relationships and leverage them to influence change
- Support and solicit input from team members at all levels within the organization
- Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
- Ensure proper handling, storage and disposal of all waste generated in the facility according to applicable laws within the waste management program (RCRA). Prepare regulatory and/or internal reports, complete waste determinations, sign waste manifests and coordinate proper training sessions to affected personnel