Reporting to the President of OPW, the Director, Continuous Improvement is responsible for developing, driving, and championing a Continuous Improvement environment by facilitating process improvement initiatives across OPW’s global business units..
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Responsibilities:
- Work with employees at all levels of the organization to identify and drive continuous improvement opportunities.
- Know, understand and champion Daily Visual Management methodology and execution:
- Train/Coach/Mentor employees at all levels of the organization on the tools and methods that support a continuous improvement culture. Coordinate the development of an organization-wide training plan through the green belt / black belt program and execute as planned.
- Conduct specific training on the use of continuous improvement process tools and develop green/black belt expertise through OPW:
- A3 problem solving
- 5S and visual management
- Plan For Every Part (PFEP)
- Product Planning Group (PPG)
- Process and Value Stream Mapping / Value Stream Design
- Sales and Inventory Planning
- Develop and administer programs for developing and certifying green and black belts.
- Create platform to share best practice across operating companies globally.
- Develop KPI’s for monitoring and reporting CI initiatives and activities monthly.
- Function as a project manager for large scale cross functional process improvement projects.
- Development of project plans including timelines, budget, scope and requirements and execution of such plans including training and transitioning to end user departments.
- Identify process improvement opportunities that are linked to business goal results. Demonstrate results through performance measurement and analysis.
- Liaison between Dover corporate and OPW to secure resources to advance OPW operations.
- Liaison with plant operations to develop and execute three-year CI roadmaps.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing, Engineering, or business-related field with a minimum of 5 years in a Continuous Improvement leadership role. Project management experience a plus.
- Experience in an operations/manufacturing is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Project required
- Ability to travel to other OPW domestic and international locations (50%)
Desired Characteristics, competence and capabilities:
- Proven record of internal and external customer orientation.
- Experience in training and cultural change management.
- Formal training and/or certification in Lean, Six Sigma methodologies.
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio.
- Professional presentation skills including persuasive communication skills, adept listening and interpretation skills.
- Well-developed cross functional ability to work with all levels of a manufacturing organization and an international workforce.
- Strong Oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present, influence and collaborate at the leadership level.