- Partners with senior leadership to develop tactical plans and structure required to ensure a highly effective and sustainable Lean Methodology is deployed
- Manages a team of Industrial Engineers with a continuous improvement focus
- Oversees lean initiatives and CI strategy across within region and functions
- Serves as the thought leader in the Lean culture change driving the transition and the complete enculturation of lean into the site and the company
- Drives best practices and the lean culture transition
- Facilitates complete ownership of the Lean transition including driving the Value Stream Mapping projects and Kaizen Burst events through planning, facilitation, and post event follow up and closure
- Coaches and mentors site lean leaders to be able to “train the trainer”
- Coaches and mentors leaders facilitating important conversations between departments and across regional sites
- Implements Lean practices including facilitation, workshop facilitation, executive coaching, training, process documentation, and analysis
- Develops and maintains Lean training materials and curriculum, to enable continued development of internal capability in application of these materials
- Communicates and coordinates lean initiatives throughout the site and the organization to interested parties of varying technical knowledge levels from executive to Lean practitioners.
- Translates performance improvements to financial values that align with corporate goals.
- Trains organization in Lean, 5S, and six sigma and promotes accountability throughout the organization
- Interfaces with customers and vendors facilitating across company improvements and process changes.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
- Other duties as required and assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (Engineering or other technical discipline) or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Continuous Process Improvement
- Minimum of 2 years of experience leading Lean Kaizen, 5S, Value Stream Mapping, process Flow Mapping, and overall company culture changes.
- Experience in Engineering, Operations, and Project Management, including project team leader
- Six Sigma Certification (Black Belt Preferred)
- Advanced analytical and presentation skills (3+ years)
- PC literate with experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Access and Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills that demonstrate a proven ability to develop relationships with a range of internal and external customers
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, innovative and entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manual
- Able to lead, organize, and complete multiple complex technical projects
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form