Responsible for the assessment of current or needed business processes and activities to identify scope and develop improvements in operating efficiencies, workflows, prioritization, and cost reductions. Lead process improvement projects by consulting with operational business units to analyze, evaluate, and improve business processes which create functional and organization-wide synergies with measurable and sustainable results.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Lead high impact projects that cross multiple platforms (i.e. process validation mapping, change management, cross-functional transactional process improvements) in collaboration with functional subject matter experts.
- Review and analyzes organization business needs; confers with users to evaluate requirements, discuss solutions and develop plan of approach. Leads all aspects of process design including writing requirements, testing implementation, documentation, and evaluation of new processes
- Contribute to the design, development and update of the Continuous Improvement methodology (incl. methods and tools, Reference Guide, training material). Presents recommendations to leadership team, peers, and internal stakeholders to influence decision making and adoption of new processes
- Direct project teams at all levels throughout the function including collaboration with internal business unit executives and other constituents to frame key strategic issues and support implementation of strategic recommendations
- Responsible for modeling, tracking and validating of savings and efficiencies of all cost reduction/optimization efforts from implementation through multiple budget cycles
- Using qualitative and quantitative measures, and employ innovative problem solving to ensure high quality deliverables and implement change. To optimize operating efficiencies
- Perform ongoing review of processes, applications systems and programs; identifies new problems and develops appropriate solutions
- Responsible for reports for tracking project progress, scheduling and budgeting
- Coordinates research activities, such as conducting interviews and developing efficient research methodology
- Other duties as assigned
Additional Job Requirements
- Regular scheduled attendance, may include travel and some after-hours calls
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods’ employment practices and policies.
This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BA) in economics, finance or statistics from four-year college or university and ten or more years’ related experience and/or training; and equivalent combination of education and experience
- Master’s Degree (MBA/Finance) with coursework in business strategy and analytical areas of study (e.g. economics, finance, and statistics) preferred
- 5 - 7 years’ experience in business strategy or process engineering (e.g. strategy consulting, project management, process reengineering, corporate strategy, post-merger integration, business development)
- Knowledge of process development, with the ability to learn, and understand technical concepts in order to interpret, document, and formalize procedures
- Proven ability to research and analyze various types of information and make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, and policies, procedures, regulations or government law
- Teaching/mentoring experience in productivity measurement, monitoring and improvement to assist department managers in meeting or exceeding their goals preferred
- Practical application of Lean/Six Sigma and/or TQM process evaluation and process improvement techniques preferred
- Expertise in transportation or healthcare industries preferred
- Demonstrates high critical thinking and reasoning skills and strong attention to detail while working in a fast paced environment that requires ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Analytical and conceptual thinker; flexible approach; discretionary effort; organizational commitment; customer service orientation; innovation; and focus on teamwork
- Management of multiple conflicting projects toward successful conclusion within constricted time frames; knowledgeable of budget development, management reporting, cost accounting application, and financial management
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; advanced interpersonal and human relation skills with ability to negotiate change with all levels of management
- Ability to overcome resistance to change (create win-win situations), and get work done through others in order to effect positive change and to generate improvements that can be sustained
- Special skills required include: expertise in productivity management; ability to remain abreast of market and internal changes through continuing education and networking; knowledge of benchmarking strategies, QM/CQ/ LEAN tools and methodologies; outstanding problem solving skills; personnel management techniques
- Proven analytical and quantitative modeling skills
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multi-tasking environment, meet deadlines, and work with a wide range of sensitive and confidential issues
- Advanced with Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Visio, Word, Excel, Project and SharePoint
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Six Sigma Certification preferred