Cacique is looking to add a Continuous Improvement Engineer - Master Black Belt to our Operations team. The Continuous Improvement Engineer - Master Black Belt will be responsible for the training and certification process of Black Belts and Green Belts for all sites. They will engage other personnel in all phases of improvement work and develop a strong technical network with plant resources.
The role is to drive the combination of engineering and technology know how with the financial and business needs to drive improvements across the business with focus on productivity initiatives. They will drive plant productivity by coaching and developing others in the mastering of continuous improvement tools and software skills. They must understand the process and have tools in place to quickly optimize manufacturing performance and be capable of transferring their skills effectively to Black Belts and conversion teams. They must be able to deliver clear understanding of the requirements for the CI process (e.g. behaviors, attitude and culture) to the plant, and areas of responsibility, to build an environment that delivers continuous & sustainable results.
- Manage projects and implement sustainable solutions:
- Deliver successful Six Sigma Master Black Belt projects
- Support the BBs and GB's in the plant to ensure timely project execution and implementation of pragmatic, sustainable and accepted solutions.
- Support identification, scoping and chartering of new projects.
- Timely communicate and report project portfolio progress, results and deviations from the project plan and associated risks to all relevant people within area of responsibility.
- Recognize and reward successes and celebrate accomplishments
- Drive behavioral change across the plants / business to build CI /L6S culture including support functions, through coaching and influencing employees.
- Identify, recruit, lead, coach and develop BBs based on the Company CI /L6S (Lean Six Sigma) standards and according to the respective CI / L6S strategy.
- Give and support BB/GB training and certification
- Drive cultural transformation towards Entitlement (Visual Mgmt, DLMP, KPI's, etc.)
- Play a key role in the preparation, execution and follow-up of the plant Strategy / Roadmaps.
- Develop the CI roadmap and an annual master plan for the plant and provide assistance for the execution (e.g., facilitation, coordination, visualization, communication, and celebration) of the roadmap.
- Develop and implement KPI's that Monitor progress (i.e. Project tracking, cost/benefit analysis, Visual Management, etc.)
- Support the goals of the organization by delivering Cost reductions and building a strong productivity pipeline, while maintaining and improving Quality, Delivery, Safety, Sustainability, and Morale.
- Initiate, organize, and give training by using CI methodology and tools (e.g., team building, facilitation, lean tools, QCDSSM, Kaizen / Changeover) to ensure all employees understand the concept of CI / L6S.
- Train coach and develop team members on the use of CI / L6S (Lean Six Sigma) tools.
- Organize regular meetings with key stakeholders (i.e. project sponsors, champions) to share CI / L6S status (i.e. perform project reviews). Define next steps in order to raise the performance bar, review plans, roadmaps to deliver sustainable plant improvements.
- Track and report progress on conversion productivity in partnership with Finance using tools (i.e. Minitab) or any other tracking methodology
- Engineering Degree Preferred
- Six Sigma Master Black Belt certification
- Contentious Improvement in Manufacturing
- Food Manufacturing Experience
- Supporting Multiple Functions and Departments in implementing process improvement