Our client is a private held growing Global Consumer Products Manufacturer/Distributor located in the San Gabriel Valley. They are looking to add a strategic and dynamic Director, Global Supply Chain to their integral Leadership team. This is a newly created role overseeing the demand planning and supply chain team.
Reporting to the COO and dotted line to Global President, the Director, Global Supply Chain will leverage his/her strong knowledge of the CPG industry, SOP and/or SIOP, understanding of raw materials, and familiarity with related vendors and suppliers. Develop and execute effective supply chain strategies on a global scale with accountability for guiding and mentoring staff for across functional and multiple locations around the world including North America, Asia, Europe, Latin America; lead cross-functional teams to execute sourcing and supplier management strategies in order to minimize cost, leverage purchasing volume, mitigate risk, and improve product/service quality and effectiveness. He/she needs thorough knowledge of customers, effective cost control, utilization and excellent communication.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- High level liaison with internal Sales Marketing, RD and Operations as well as external partners to identify and properly source materials required for product development and manufacturing.
- Develops supply chain strategy that supports and meets company strategy, company performance objectives and customer expectations
- Ensure continuity of the supply for development as well as high volume production.
- Develop key suppliers to meet required capacity and work with these key suppliers to improve quality and quality performance.
- Maintain strong defined processes, data integrity, and effective information systems.
- Establish world-class supply chain processes including SOP, along with metrics necessary to track supply chain effectiveness, efficiency, and opportunities.
- Develop a strategic sourcing process to leverage capacity and improve reaction time to market disruptions for different products, markets, and customer bases.
- The position offers high visibility and professional growth opportunities for a candidate who thrives on creating, implementing and sustaining new processes in fast paced, high growth environments.
- Drive financial and operational performance across business units, departments or sub-functions
- Resolve unique, complex or unusual business problems applying understanding of the business goals and customer expectations
- Bachelor's Degree is required, preferably in Chemical Engineering, Science, or Technical field; Master's of Science and/or MBA is preferred
- 8+ years of business experience in related global supply chain, manufacturing or CPG, RD, product development roles preferred
- 3+ years in a leadership role overseeing procurement, demand planning and supply chain
- Certifications such as those in Six Sigma, Kaizen, Operations or Inventory Management (SOP or SIOP).
- Broad and comprehensive understanding of different systems, theories and practices
- Understanding of product development process with milestones and deliverables