As our Director of Innovation, you will provide thought leadership, strategy, management, and execution in the delivery of strategic and complex initiatives aimed at driving process improvements across Patra's business. Working closely with a diverse set of cross-functional stakeholders, and leading a global team you will help build, you will develop and implement tools that improve our service offerings through process re-engineering and the deployment of technical solutions. You are driven by a passion for making business processes work better through the implementation of ideas and technology.
- Effectively identifies issues critical to specific businesses or departments, collects data and insights from operations to identify the root cause of inefficiency; makes sound recommendations.
- Implements best practices and process improvement projects using Six Sigma methodology
- Analyzes existing practices to isolate areas ripe for improvement or enhancement.
- Summarizes and formulates viable recommendations for the improvement of business processes and operational efficiencies.
- Engages multiple levels of cross-functional leadership within the organization to champion the benefits of process improvement and helps prioritize all such opportunities within the business.
- Works with onshore and offshore service delivery teams to ensure solutions are implemented enterprise wide.
- Recognizes and addresses organizational barriers to ensure future success of ongoing business process improvement and automation programs.
- Supports the development of metrics that provide data for process measurement, identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities.
- Works closely with the Intelligent Automation and Product teams to ensure requirements are accurately documented and suitable for project development and deployment.
- Evaluates the progress of innovation and adjusts the pace or direction of new projects in
- Diagrams and evaluates existing processes.
- Measures performance against process requirements.
Minimum Requirements - Education & Experience
- Academics: Undergraduate degree preferred
- Work experience: 5+ years of work experience with operations, consulting, automation, and strategy is recommended.
- Leadership Experience: 5 years' experience managing a minimum of 20+ direct or indirect employees with a proven track record of success and achieving results.
- Familiarity with RPA, especially products such as UiPath, Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, or WorkFusion; machine learning/AI-based solutions; as well as a general understanding of IT related functions or activities.
- Experience working with offshore teams across multiple geographical regions including but not limited to India and the Philippines
- Insight experience in the insurance industry or in a related market preferred
- Highly skilled in coaching, developing, and motivating employees towards achieving and exceeding organizational goals and objectives.
- Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced Excel skills
- Proficient in using technology as a tool to maximize productivity
- You are an expert at developing and employing structured thought processes and frameworks to solve problems and are low friction in your ability to shift from one framework to the next.
- Clarity providing. You identify the 80/20 opportunities and avoid analysis overload.
- Diverse in your perspective. Your unique, non-traditional perspective enhances our team's problem-solving abilities.
- Capable of driving success in any condition. You act like an owner and are independently capable of seeking information in an unstructured environment, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in challenging situations.
- A concise and effective communicator. You can distill complex analysis and concepts into concise takeaways and communicate effectively across all levels and functions.
- Analytical; You are adept at decomposing and solving real world business problems.
- A relationship-builder. Able to build trust quickly with internal stakeholders and customers with a high degree of empathy and a team-first collaborative attitude.
- Detail oriented. You produce high quality work.
- Technical aptitude - planning and completing tasks correctly and on time.
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Sense of urgency, initiative, responsiveness, & attention to detail
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality.
- Ability to stay abreast of general industry knowledge and trends.
- High energy. You bring passion and enthusiasm to your work and are highly productive in a fast-paced environment with little oversight on a day-to-day basis.
- An expert at multi-tasking and prioritization. You enjoy balancing numerous different priorities and demands.
- Certifications and Licenses
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certified or equivalent experience
- Work from home with up to 25% travel throughout the United States, India and the Philippines
- Minimum internet speed of 6 mbps download and 3 mbps upload; No Satellite
- Competitive Salary / Benefits / PTO
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks
- Frequent sitting
- Occasionally stand/walk, writing by hand, use of telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 pounds
- Sort/file paperwork, rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the Patra Corp will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Patra colleagues and clients and with external organizations
- Promotes Culture of Respect & Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety and respect; communicates concerns; uses and promotes safe respectful behaviors based on training and lessons learned
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable Patra Corp policies and procedures