Plan, organize, direct, and lead the activities for Manufacturing and Supply Chain Operations, inbound and outbound for the Newark Facility. This position is responsible for manufacturing, sales and operations planning, materials management / inventory and all related support functions. This position drives improved efficiency in the use of personnel, production processes, materials and is accountable for delivering Operating and Strategic Plan commitments, improvements in customer satisfaction and supply chain visibility.
- Experience as the top leader of the organization in a combination of manufacturing, strategic procurement, demand planning, forecasting and logistics. This role has full responsibility for the procurement, planning, manufacturing, and logistics functions.
- Lead strategy development, management and continuous improvement initiatives for Manufacturing, Demand Planning, Supply Planning and Production Planning, Inventory Optimization, Logistics Management and Cost, Materials Management including related metrics.
- Manage Manufacturing and Supply Teams, plan the material requirements for production and achieve the least cost to the B&EP business segment.
- Establish through direction and coordination of team members, the most efficient flow and utilization of materials, manpower and plant equipment to meet established production schedules at acceptable quality and at minimum cost.
- Develops budget, based on manufacturing objectives, policies, plans and programs in conjunction with the President, Battery & Energy Products.
- Partners cross functionally to develop end to end initiatives that optimize the performance of the entire Supply chain.
- Create and embed a culture within Supply Chain to drive consistently superior Performance based on Operational Excellence, open communication, team development and collaboration.
- Accountable for capital planning to support growth and performance.
- Develop good employee relations and high morale through the consistent and conscientious application of company policy. Make recommendations for improving the effectiveness of policies and procedures. Identify training needs and initiate development of subordinates. Recommend effective personnel action.
- Keep employees informed about the corporate strategy and manufacturing’s plans and progress.
- Maintain effective lines of communication to all other departments to ensure that all objectives of the company’s operations are met.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Training / Skills / Experience:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required. A technical degree is preferred and a technical degree with an MBA is ideal.
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment and a minimum of 10 years of Supply Chain Management required.
- Demonstrated ability as a team builder, proven capability to coach develop and lead while creating a culture of high performance
- Experience driving a culture of operational excellence and embedding practices; such as Lean Six Sigma, Kaizen and TPM.
- Working knowledge of SPC, TQM, JIT, Management of Constraints, MRPII/ERP, and applicable EHS regulations.
- Good oral and written communication is required.
- High level of initiative and strong work ethic.
- Travel: up to 25%
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.