The Director of Operations is responsible for leading and coordinating the activities of the Production and Maintenance Departments. The position is directly responsible for developing and overseeing strategic and tactical plans that meet the organization's objectives for safety, product quality, compliance, customer satisfaction, productivity, and profitability.
- Establish and maintain strategic plans for manufacturing covering capacity planning, labor management, and initiatives required for continuous improvement.
- Identify and drive efficiencies through process engineering including automation, line layouts, modifying existing processes.
- Define continuous improvement targets together with senior management staff and report performance against set operational objectives.
- Implement and drive continuous improvement in close coordination with senior management.
- Responsible for all production challenges related to new product launches.
- Develops, implements, and sustains a root cause analysis model to be utilized throughout the plant with an overall objective of resolving issues at their root cause. Leads training and educations of the Production team in utilizing root cause analysis tools such as 5-Why and fishbone.
- Work directly with the plant maintenance team to oversee the maintenance and servicing of the production lines to minimize downtimes and maximize the efficiency and work-life of all production equipment and machinery.
- Create, implement and maintain KPI's & SOPs for Production and Maintenance Departments. Ensure SOPs are followed by all team members.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to provide planning, direction, and support to vendors and team members to achieve Key Performance Indicators (KPI) of customer satisfaction and efficient ways of working or setting benchmarks for improvement.
- Work with the Food Safety & R&D teams to ensure consistent communication and enforcement of Company Quality policies, USDA compliance, and all Food Safety regulatory standards.
- Ability to teach the principals of lean and other process improvements and provide training as required.
- Establish systems to ensure service level issues are prevented and/or resolved on a timely basis while also improving the capacity to meet customer demand.
- Play a hands-on role in managing to motivate and directing the plant's Production and Maintenance workforce.
- Collaborates with management to resolve worker issues, grievances, and performance challenges.
- Promotes a culture of change, collaboration, accountability, and continuous improvement.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in leadership positions within the food and beverage industries.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Process Engineering, or related field required.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, maintenance, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods and equipment.
- Knowledge and experience in food manufacturing including HACCP, GMP's, SQF, USDA, and Safety. Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. Strong knowledge of MS Office and ERP to compile detailed analytics, presentations, project, and plans Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and acceptance of diversity
- Strategic and results-driven with the ability to execute the organization's strategic plan successfully and efficiently.
- Proven track record in Lean manufacturing and success in the implementation of redesigned processes Six Sigma Black Belt, Green Belt, or Lean Master Certification preferred
- Must be able to work varied shifts and weekends.
FOOD SAFETY AND QUALITY
- Adheres to all Food Safety/Quality SOP's
- Communicates any known or suspected Food Safety/ Quality issues to Cadence management or your direct supervisor.
- Attends Food Safety/Quality training sessions as required
Ability to employ correct lifting techniques as necessary to avoid injury.
Work in a cold environment
Wear PPE while performing different functions.
Remain in standing and sitting position for long periods of time.
Report work-related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to your director Supervisor.
This job description does not list all the job duties of this position. The duties listed are subject to change based on business and/or management needs. Management reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This is an exempt, full-time position reporting to the VP of Operations. In the case of an absence, the VP of Operations will cover this position.