As the director of process improvement, you will be responsible for working with all organizations at GTT to document and analyze current departmental processes. It is expected that from this analysis, you will develop improvement plans that will yield efficiencies in the delivery of services, reduction in the number of customer disputes, reduction in the number of outage credits and improve the quality and control of data within the systems.
Process improvement directors hold an senior level position in which they supervise all areas of process improvement within a company. Typically, companies which have multiple departments that must work together will employ process improvement personnel to help make operations more efficient. These directors will direct the departments' efforts, analyze areas which require attention, and analyze the results of their initiatives by studying data and reports and making changes as necessary.
Typically, process improvement directors review data and suggestions from their staff or other departments regarding company-efficiencies and areas of opportunity. They may also work with analysts to ensure they have identified areas of inefficiency and mapped out plans to address the situation. This may include personnel changes, training adjustments, new hardware or software, or simple adjustments to existing procedures.
Process improvement generally occurs in stages, and analysts in a department will send measurable before-and-after data and implementation reports to the director. The director then makes any adjustments to the improvement plan and approves any future stages.
Process improvement directors must see the big picture, especially regarding the company's ongoing strategic initiatives and overall branding and placement. As such, they also direct their analysts in finding efficiencies which bring the company's internal operations in-line with the direction desired by its strategic analysts and board of directors. As executives in charge of this area of the company, they may also have responsibilities pertaining to budgeting, hiring, and personnel management.
- Utilize internal performance data and customer feedback to identify opportunities to improve quality, service, and cost within the company.
- Lead process Improvement projects directly related to achievement of company goals and financial objectives.
- Develop long-term process quality plans and monitor their execution.
- Develop documentation standards for documenting processes
- Develop documentation for existing company processes
- Develop a strategic plan for process changes that aligns with the 5 yr corporate plan
- Establish data normalization standards to align with corporate processes.
- 10+ years telecom experience
- Proven track record of implementing transformational process changes
- SQL a plus
- Six Sigma a plus
- Understanding of relational database architectures and data relationship
- Understanding of SDLC
- Experience with Oracle financials and the AP & AR processes
- 5+ years experience managing customer and service life cycles.