As the Director of Operational Excellence, you will lead a cross-functional team to drive scale and efficiency and better customer outcomes for Dexcom. The objective of this role is to create transformative, comprehensive and self-sustaining Operational Excellence capabilities across Dexcom’s business units. As an integral part of the Business Transformation Organization, you will work in close collaboration with functional leaders across the organization. You will be responsible for identifying, prioritizing and implementing initiatives to improve productivity, quality, customer service and/or reducing costs and complexity for Dexcom operations. You will effectively set governance for operational programs across multiple functions, in addition to rolling up your sleeves to ensure effective execution of important program timelines and deliverables for Scale at Dexcom. You will bring expert skills in Business Process Improvement (BPI), Robotic Process Automation (RPA), global program management, and Customer Experience (CX) to Dexcom while leading a high-performing team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development, deployment, and measurement of operations programs across Dexcom’s support functions including sales, finance, manufacturing, operations, supply chain, and support.
- In partnership with IT, lead the development, deployment, and measurement of related transformative programs across Dexcom’s cross-functions.
- Direct the program management team that supports these initiatives.
- Recruit, train and develop collaborative, cross-functional teams to achieve these objectives.
- Continually challenge the status quo and persistently dig for improvement opportunities and lead/develop team to do the same.
- Establish a passion for operational excellence within operations programs, with a focus on Business Transformation.
- Identify and capture business needs/opportunities through communication with stakeholders
- Drive innovation with respect to system, process and technology improvements.
- Recognize operational issues/challenges and recommend pragmatic solutions.
- Manage large complexity programs that will accelerate operational, productivity and customer experience improvements across the organization.
- Effective presentation and interpersonal skills meeting the needs of all levels within the organization up to and including the executive management team.
- Promote the value of operational excellence across the organization and create demand for the benefits of this discipline within key functions.
- With a strong understanding of, and aptitude for, contingency planning, change management and communication to successfully navigate to desired outcomes with minimal impact to ongoing business objectives.
- Set direction and provide frameworks through which operational objectives can be delivered.
- Support functional areas in facilitating the identification, implementation and tracking of company-wide business operations and customer programs.
- Oversee the development and presentation of project business cases.
- Ensure approved projects are managed effectively to completion – on-time, within budget, desired scope, with planned benefits attained.
- This position assumes and performs other duties as assigned.
- 15 years of related business experience
- 10+ years’ experience successful people/leadership experience
- 6+ years Program management experience
- External Black Belt Six Sigma or Lean expert certification (BPI certification)
- Robotic Process Automation program creation or implementations
- Life science or medical device industry experience preferred
- Supply Chain, Logistics, Manufacturing Program Experience preferred
- MBA or management consulting experience a plus
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree with 15+ years of industry experience.
- 9+ years of successful management experience in relevant industry.
- 0 - 25%
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this area. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Language Skills: Must be able to communicate effectively in English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to perform the following Physical Activity: Standing, walking, sitting, using hands, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear, taste or smell. May be required to lift 0 lbs. to over 100 lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be exposed to the following environmental conditions: Wet or humid conditions, work near moving parts, work in high - precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, extreme heat (non-weather), extreme cold (non-weather), risk of electric shock, work with explosives, risk of radiation, vibration. The noise level in this work environment can range from quiet to very loud.