The Operational Excellence Lead will oversee site based LEAN and Continuous activities, Industrial Engineering activities as well as Capital Project Management. Additionally, the Operational Excellence lead will provide support and resources, as necessary, to the site based Commercialization teams as well as Corporate led Value Realization and Optimization initiatives in order to ensure seamless execution and realization of value.
- Deliver Operational Excellence by driving the execution of the Lean and continuous improvement methodology as applicable through local management to deliver successful productivity, cost reduction, safety and/or quality improvement initiatives. Focus on Lean Enterprise in a structured sustainable way that simplifies business processes, while achieving challenging targets.
- Create a lean and continuous improvement roadmap that includes a comprehensive analysis and prioritization of key opportunities for each site. Include and engage cross functional members at all levels of the organization as we execute initiatives that will drive sustainable results. Success of this role will require engaging, leading and influencing key stakeholders across the campus or site.
- Provide leadership of the Operational Excellence efforts at the site, including Lean/CI, Industrial Engineering and Project Engineering. Also supports Operational Excellence efforts at key suppliers.
- Through active participation and shop floor engagement, support proactive performance management and the daily monitoring of KPIs. Support weekly and monthly performance monitoring, analysis and reporting.
- Support Commercialization efforts through IE and Lean team member efforts to optimize new and changed products and technologies.
- Support Value Realization and Optimization efforts by providing resources and leadership for key corporate VR & O initiatives.
- Support Project Engineering teams and Manufacturing Leadership in the development of Strategic investment plans through direct participation in risk mitigation efforts for capacity and capability gaps as well as, interaction with site-based Commercialization teams, Innovation Engineering teams and Central Engineering Excellence resources.
- Participate in the ideation, development, evaluation, recommendation, and execution of advanced technologies such as Robotics, Late Stage Differentiation, Manufacturing and Distribution Execution systems
- Ensure the sharing and driving of best practices and lessons learned (internal / external). Leverage use of global communication platforms to fill the pipeline with new ideas and best practices, as well as providing the supply chain network with local CI success stories and initiatives.
- Deliver sustainable cultural and behavioral changes across the business to build an Operational Excellence and Lean and CI culture including support functions, through coaching, mentoring and influencing employees, business team leaders, and global lean professionals.
- Work with the engineering center to drive talent / capability development for Ops Excellence team to ensure consistency/continued excellence (e.g. training, talent retention)
- Establish personal development objectives for the Ops Excellence organization ensuring technical and career development opportunities are maximized and leveraged for both individual and corporate objectives
- 5% Travel Time
- University Degree
- Lean Manufacturing / 6 Sigma Green or Black Belt
Proven and demonstrated history of utilizing continuous improvement philosophy, tools and techniques to drive significant and quantifiable improvements within Manufacturing-Supply Chain Operations.
Must have knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma techniques and be a subject matter expert in several areas such as: Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen Methodology, A3 Methodology, Pull and Kanban Systems Implementation, Standard Work, Design of Experiments and Statistical Process Control and Analysis.