The Director, Operational Excellence will direct the portfolio of strategic and operational initiatives in Perioperative Services to deliver the highest quality patient care in a highly reliable, efficient, and financially sustainable manner. Leads project teams across the perioperative continuum of care to evaluate needs, establish processes and optimize outcomes through the identification, design and implementation of improvement initiatives in alignment with organizational strategic plans. Guides performance improvement and operational programs and initiatives over the short- to long-term to achieve targeted outcome metrics, and provides business intelligence to sustain the gains. Drives change across functional areas using a broad range of skills and knowledge in Facilitation, Lean Six Sigma Performance Improvement, PMP Project Management, Prosci Change Management, and Business Intelligence tools and methods to set goals and hold others accountable to achieve targeted outcomes and metrics.
As a recognized expert, applies comprehensive knowledge of business intelligence practices, applications and advanced analytics to lead projects of greatest size, complexity and/or scope that have critical impact across the medical center and/or health system.
- Perioperative Services Project Initiatives
- PEP Performance Improvement/Change Management Workstreams
- Operational Excellence
- Performance Improvement
- Project Management
- Change Management
- Outcomes and Metrics, KPIs
- Business Management
- Oversees Analysts in Business Intelligence and Clinical Applications
- Oversees Perioperative Surgery Scheduling
- Oversees the implementation of new initiatives or processes to ensure quality of operations.
- Serves as key strategist with the Executive in initiating and developing new strategic direction, long- and short-range plans and innovative initiatives.
- Regularly works on highly complex issues or problems which require analysis of unique issues/problems without precedent and/or structure.
- Exercises a high level of judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Provides leadership in establishing partnerships with program directors within Executive's area, and with other organizational units.
- Leads highly complex projects requiring facilitation and collaboration across organizational functions.
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans.
- Provides strategic oversight and a framework for changes to methods.
- Develops strategies for change management to remove barriers to goal achievement.
- Manages a highly specialized technical function/team.
- Strong skills in program and project management.
- Outstanding ability to evaluate complex issues quickly and to identify multiple options for resolution.
- Advanced skills in short- and long-range planning.
- Excellent facilitation and collaboration skills.
- Proven ability to focus on priorities, strategies, and vision.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to lead effectively, motivate, and influence people at all levels.
- Excellent analytical ability and skill to establish appropriate metrics.
- Sound strategic thinking and consulting skills in guiding the organization toward workable strategies and solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and five (5+) or more years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and training.
- Expert knowledge of business intelligence functions, advanced analytics, industry standards and best practices.
- Expert knowledge and skills in internal databases, BI applications, tools, and systems.
- Highly advanced organizational and project management skills.
- Expert written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey complex information in a clear, concise manner. Ability to produce and deliver presentations to diverse audiences and senior leaders.
- Ability to serve as an expert technical leader providing high level advice, counsel, and analysis on business intelligence issues.
- Master’s degree in business, health administration or directly relevant area.
- Relevant experience in Perioperative Services setting.
- Project Management experience in a complex healthcare setting.
- Change Management experiment in a complex healthcare setting.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification.
- Prosci Change Management Practitioner.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen and TB test.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.