The Director of Operational Support is responsible for leading a high performing team in Service Delivery, providing a variety of operational support functions for the Access and Order Entry (AOE) organization. This position will facilitate metrics and reporting for the organization and ensure accountability for all relevant KPI’s. This leader will drive critical continuous improvement programs, requiring collaboration within Service Delivery and to all of North American Operations. In addition, this individual must coordinate with Service Delivery Transformation and IT Leadership to drive consistent project outcomes of key Service Delivery initiatives.
This position is open to all US based home and office locations.
- Ownership of the operational metrics related to the AOE team and all other required Service Delivery Key Performance Indicators – this includes creating reporting views and providing analytics and insights.
- Complete oversight of program management for critical initiatives and programs being driven through the AOE organization, specifically continuous improvement efforts.
- Identify, develop, and drive creative and comprehensive strategies and tactics to achieve organization and company goals.
- Develop collaborative relationships with key departments across the company to align strategies and coordinate tactics requiring AOE involvement.
- Drive transformation initiatives that meet customer, system, and cost optimization requirements in collaboration with stakeholder organizations outside of AOE, such as other Service Delivery teams, Network Implementation, Field Operations and Engineering, IT, and Product Management.
- Deliver executive level communication of program status, operational performance, and continuous improvement progress.
- Act as trusted strategic leader and advisor, working alongside business leaders to determine project priorities and critical improvement areas.
- Mentors project managers to improve delivery of projects on time and within budget, given scope and known risks.
- Create and foster a high-quality work environment that helps attract, motivate, and retain high quality team members.
- Achieve budget and business plan for department.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- 10+ years of experience in relevant roles, with leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree of equivalent in education and experience
- Must have excellent oral and written communications/presentation skills.
- Must have excellent coaching skills and the ability to build employee commitment.
- Demonstrated highly effective interpersonal skills and ability to work in a consultative manner with others.
- Proven experience presenting options and features to senior leadership with influence in outcome.
- Ability to communicate and articulate effectively with multiple teams to accomplish project goals.
- Ability to juggle multiple goals and deadlines in the context of the big picture
- Experience with process improvement demonstrated by year-over-year metric improvement.
- Analytical and process improvement experience, e.g. Six-Sigma, LEAN, or other statistical/process improvement areas.
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis techniques and tools.
- Experience leading multiple complex projects in the technology industry.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage time effectively, in a constantly changing environment.