- Are you an experienced process and compliance expert skilled at developing and maintaining process and procedures that govern large strategic deals?
- Can you commit to a leadership position guiding and developing a team of cross-functional Sales support professionals?
- Do you desire an influential position shaping the progress of a technology leader?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving America’s largest businesses and communications service providers. The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise’s industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
As the Director of Process and Compliance, you ensure a successful sales cycle for large, strategic deals. You focus on developing and maintaining Sales processes, policies and procedures that govern the response to critical requests for price (RFPs), requests for information (RFIs), E-rate, Federal bids and task orders. You enhance the Sales organization through the decisive leadership of a team of cross-functional Sales support professionals.
You maximize the sales process through the improvement of ongoing processes and operational efficiencies in the pre- and post-sales processes. You inform senior leadership through the creation and distribution of reporting on process performance and compliance adherence. You thrive in an office environment guiding your team and traveling as needed to meet company objectives. You report directly to the Vice President of Sales Planning Operations for goals and guidance.
- Competitive salary with a long-term incentive plan.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.
- Analyze existing and new contracts to ensure compliance, insulation from business risks and the operationalization of business practices and deliverables.
- Encourage company-wide success by maintaining compliance using rigorous controls and processes.
- Improve the sales cycle by leading the creation, implementation and maintenance of contract compliance policies and procedures.
- Entice prospective clients by responding to external requests for information from clients, state or federal agencies and guiding the timely preparation, completion and delivery of sales proposal documents.
- Enhance the sales cycle through the identification, analysis and resolution of compliance deadlines, deliverables and issues.
- Maintain and review contracts as needed to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Inform senior leadership by performing and publishing periodic compliance audits, risk assessments, risk mitigation activities and status on bid opportunities and associated project management activities.
- Work closely with the Sales team to ensure a smooth transition between pre- and post-award activities while managing relationships with clients as needed.
- Maintain compliance processes and procedures through the creation of a Compliance task force.
- Develop processes, tools, and workflows governing the bid response lifecycle to ensure that a well prepared, compliant bid response is submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensure the receipt, processing and distribution of Enterprise strategic bid or sales inquiry that meets the defined entrance criteria and log the submitted request to ensure the correct client documentation.
- Coordinate the cross-functional efforts on specific client revenue opportunities by working in conjunction with the Sales team and required business partners.
- Drive opportunities to a timely and successful completion through the facilitation of status meetings in a matrixed environment to provide analyses on products, solutions and process needs.
- Reduce risks through early identification, quantification and prioritization of risks for opportunities as they arise throughout the bid process.
- Five or more years of proposal management experience.
- Seven years of General Services Administration (GSA) or Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions (EIS) government contract experience.
- Ten or more years of telecommunications industry experience
- Ten or more years of corporate and contract compliance experience.
- In-depth knowledge of the applicable legal and regulatory landscape, including federal government contracting like the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFAR) clauses and compliance.
- Proven ability to influence internal and external stakeholders and build a consensus.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills with the ability to make decisions and resolve issues while working under pressure.
- History of supervising and motivating others in a matrix environment.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to work effectively with minimum direction.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with all levels of an organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (required).
- Association of Proposal Management Professional (APMP), Project Management Professional (PMP) or Lean Six Sigma (LSS) certification (preferred).