In this transformational leadership role, the Director, Process Excellence, will build a structured Process Excellence program to enable Anthem’s digital transformation by identifying and implementing continuous improvement opportunities across business segments. Leader will focus on supporting transformation initiatives to enable our culture, talent, processes, tools and technologies to transform Anthem’s business capabilities to deliver and exceptional experience.
Key priorities of the Director, Process Excellence will be to proactively engage with business partners and stakeholders to understand business operations and goals and identify opportunities for process improvement through process redesign and automation technologies. In this fast paced environment, the Director Process Excellence, will be a thought leader and work directly with business leaders to prioritize improvement opportunities to deliver value.
Acts as a champion and visionary across the business and serving as an expert and thought leader with an understanding of business operations and automation industry evolution and technologies.
Leads development of continuous improvement strategies across all functions and departments as assigned (identify, plan, execute, and review).
Accountable for data driven approach to set prioritization of efforts to include performing cost benefit analysis to ensure optimization of transformational initiatives.
Responsible to identify talent needs to build and lead a Process Excellence team aligned with a broad range of strategic, organizational and operational challenges to ensure significant improvements and positive financial outcomes to the organization; creates plans to align available resources to ensure the most efficient project improvements, maintenance and utilization.
Establishes governance processes, training and enterprise communications.
Provides change leadership in support of rollout of improved business processes and technology applications; develops and manages metrics driven performance improvement initiatives, related training and coaching to support process excellence skillset and mindset across the organization.
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
- Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires a BA/BS; MBA preferred.
- 10 years’ of experience managing large scale transformational projects in a complex business and systems environment; 8 years of management experience leading cross functional teams; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification or obtained within a reasonable period of employment required. Experience leading process improvement projects.
- Consulting experience is a plus; familiarity with AI & Robotic Process Automation; proven record of accomplishment of working through ambiguity demonstrating influencing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication and negotiation skills required.
- Excellent analytical ability, strategic planning, organizational, managerial and leadership skills required.
- Ability to travel may be required.
- Must be able to one of the following Anthem offices located in: Mason, OH / Indianapolis, IN / Atlanta, GA or New York City, NY