The Director, Supply Chain is part of the Single Use Technology (SUT) business within our BioProduction Group (BPG), which supports developers and manufacturers of biological-based therapeutics and vaccines with a portfolio of premium solutions and services focused on upstream cell culture, downstream purification, analytics for detection and quantitation of process/product impurities, and a suite of single-use solutions spanning the biologics workflow. BPG is also at the forefront of the fight against the coronavirus pandemic.
The Director, Supply Chain will improve the materials management strategy and planning function across all operating groups, divisions and regions. In this role, you will lead, collaborate and help develop targeted improvement plans for the BioProduction Division and Single Use Technologies Business Unit and will follow-up until implementation is complete. In addition, you will develop and support the overall supply chain strategy for the division. You will be accountable for annual improvements in both the company’s Customer Allegiance Score (CAS) for Order Fulfillment, material availability, delivery and inventory performance.
- Develop a Supply Chain Strategy for the division in support of the divisional STRAP.
- Develop/Lead a standard Sales, Operations, and Inventory Planning process for the division.
- Develop a standard supply and demand planning approach
- Develop a material flow and availability strategy and measure and improve material availability.
- Develop a standard inventory planning approach and achieve inventory targets
- Develop a standard set of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to drive business results and to serve as early warning signs of problem performance e.g. inventory health, schedule adherence
- Work with IT and Procurement to identify and standardize around a core set of information system solutions and data analytics platforms.
- Develop a talent development and acquisition strategy to continuously improve the supply chain function.
- Closely partner with operations leadership to support achievement of Annual Operating Plans.
- Utilize continuous improvement tools and processes to drive performance improvement
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, or other business management discipline or related field. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant supply chain management experience, with at least 7 years of people management experience. Specific experience in Materials Management and Planning. Preferred qualifications include:
- Lean Manufacturing certification.
- Six Sigma Green / Black Belt Certification.
- APICS certification is strongly.
- Experience in GMP, regulated environment (Life Science, Pharma, Med Device, etc.).
- Strong business acumen and problem-solving capabilities, with direct, applied experience in Supply Chain.
- Ability to link the critical business supply chain, systems, and processes needed to achieve forecast accuracy.
- Clear understanding of the order-to-cash process in manufacturing businesses.
- Knowledge of business systems and information technology for managing complex supply chain activities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proven track record with a continuous improvement methodology (i.e. Lean, Six Sigma).
- Strong leader with the ability to influence and manage a large geographically diverse organization.
- Ability to successfully create clear actionable objectives and facilitate career planning for team members.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values – Integrity, Intensity, Involvement and Innovation (The Four I’s).