As Transformation Management Office Director within the Business Strategy & Programs team, you will partner to ensure agile planning, governance, and portfolio management processes across all initiatives that accrue to enabling our Connected Customer Experience strategy across the Microsoft ecosystem. You will be laser focused on creating agile, scalable, repeatable processes that enable increased visibility, connection and alignment across Microsoft stakeholders/organizations enabling a truly connected strategic initiative decision making process, portfolio, and roadmap. From planning to execution, this team owns the planning, intake, prioritization, ROI analysis, and/or roadmap management. This is a high impact and high visibility role that will enable the newly formed CE&S organization to realize its goals. Collaborating across multiple large organizations including Support, Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Operations, Services, Finance, and Legal is an essential part of the job.
This exciting opportunity provides visibility across CE&S and multiple organizations across Microsoft. The Transformation Management Office Director role is essential to the vision of the organization as being recognized as the world leader in customer experience, success, and support. This role calls for a balance of leadership, ability to navigate complex stakeholders/landscape, influence skills and individual contributions. You must be able to work well under pressure, have low ego with high confidence and interpersonal awareness, willing and able to partner effectively with diverse stakeholders, deliver impact under tight deadlines and must be flexible with strong ability to be effective during ambiguity and uncertainty.
Your direct accountabilities will include:
- Strategic Planning: Work across the Microsoft ecosystem to develop, implement and manage scalable and efficient processes and systems for identifying and prioritizing investments needed to enable end goal of creating customer value by accelerating consumption and usage, delivering an easy and connected experience, and building trust through customer centricity.
- Agile Governance and Portfolio Management: Manage a portfolio management office (or aspects within) with speed and agility from planning to execution, which includes designing supporting processes and tooling requirements. Act as a change agent to shift from a waterfall to agile portfolio management approach. Ensure all priorities and initiatives are committed across Microsoft and track progress and outcomes on inflight and net new investments.
- Change Management & Adoption: Assist in the design, development, and management of a a comprehensive change program to enable effective deployment, landing and ongoing adoption of changes that impact customers, partners, and Microsoft team members. Apply a structured change management methodology to ensure global adoption of new processes, roles. experiences, capabilities, and tools.
Key Capabilities & Behaviors
- 7+ years of experience in portfolio management, transformation office, and experience in management, consulting, strategy, business planning, program management or marketing, ideally in the technology or customer experience sector.
- Preferred candidate will be a six sigma blackbelt and experienced in applying agile, lean methodology to solving enterprise wise problems and enabling increased efficiency and effectiveness in realizing business goals.
- Strong leadership, executive presence, organizational agility, ability to impact and influence senior level leaders across the company; Ability to rapidly gain/build trust and confidence of internal and external stakeholders
- Passion for customer experience, transformation, and acting as a change agent
- Ability to act as a liaison between business stakeholders and development teams to ensure successful technical fulfillment of business requirements
- Clear, concise, and convincing communications – both written and oral
- Proactive, forward thinking and ability to synthesize disparate information effectively and quickly into clear recommendations, actions, and decisions
- Project management skills, ability to develop and execute processes that facilitate collaboration, leadership team effectiveness and impact
- Forward thinking and strategic, yet pragmatic and operationally savvy, with a commitment to a job well done
- Relevant Bachelors’ degree or experience commensurate with job expectations for this leadership position
Location/Travel: You may be based anywhere in the United States. You can expect limited global travel, less than 25%.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.