System Director, Value Institute
The Dartmouth Health Value Institute serves a central function within our organization to efficiently and effectively serve the quality and improvement needs system-wide, working collaboratively to support individuals and groups working on performance improvement projects across Dartmouth Health. The Value Institute is a service group that responds to the requests and needs of Dartmouth Health collaboratively, with clear leadership and accountability on performance expectations.
The Director serves as a key partner to the Chief Quality and Value Officer for Dartmouth Health, in the development, oversight, and execution of the quality strategic plan. The Director also oversees all operations of the Value Institute including program development, network organizational structure, vendor contracts, communications, capital & space planning, and budget. Ensures effective network operations and provides leadership to all functions of system quality leadership.
- Partners with Chief Quality and Value Officer to guide the Value Institute leadership team in the development and execution of the Value Institute’s strategic plan
- Oversees financial management of the department
- Develops collaborative working relationships with other system leaders and departments including finance, marketing, HR, supply chain, facilities, pharmacy, and others across Dartmouth Health.
- Owns and manages marketing and communications plan for Value Institute including utilization of all network leadership meetings.
- Guides all division meetings including leadership, annual retreats, and network working teams.
- Develops business plans and financial analysis of all dollars at risk for quality outcomes as well as new clinical programs
- Oversees departmental human resources including development/harmonization of job descriptions, compensation, and recruitment
- Ensures implementation of development plans and continuous learning for Value Institute
- A Bachelor’s degree with 8 years of relevant business or supervisory/management experience, preferably in a health care environment.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, oral, and writing skills are required.
- Significant leadership abilities.
- Previous healthcare finance or operations background preferred.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and analytical.
- Excellent networking and oral /written communication skills with the ability to relate and deal effectively with physicians, administrators, support staff, and the general public with tact and discretion.
The Dartmouth Health system stretches over New Hampshire and Vermont and offers the quintessential New England experience. This beautiful area combines history, industry, and business and has been ranked consistently as one of the best places in the US to live and work. Anchored by the academic Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH, the system includes the NCI- designated Dartmouth Cancer Center, the Dartmouth Health Children's hospital; 5 member hospitals, 30 ambulatory clinics across the region, and a VNA and Hospice. With destinations like Boston, New York, Montreal, the seacoast, and ski country within driving distance, the opportunities – both career and personal – truly make New Hampshire the ideal place to work and play.
Candidates are requested to apply directly to this link:
Questions may be directed to:
Mark L. Semiao, MBA
Executive Recruiter, Talent Acquisition
Dartmouth Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.