The Process Improvement Engineer II is an experienced professional with knowledge of lean business and process improvement principles and has proven success in the application of those principles in various business processes. This role assists in the cultivation of a continuous process improvement culture within the Supply Chain, as well as other work streams within the company. The Process Improvement Engineer II leads efforts with key stakeholders to identify opportunities, plan and execute projects, and track ongoing outcomes.
- Champions a corporate culture that emphasizes transparency, integrity, safety, environmental responsibility, employee development, diversity and inclusion, customer service, and operational excellence.
- Works cross functionally to drive continuous Supply Chain process improvement, leveraging industry best practice and lean business principles
- Develops and maintains in-depth knowledge of Procure-to-Pay (P2P), inventory, and fleet processes
- Conducts root cause analysis and end-to-end data analytics to identify process/system improvement and optimization opportunities within the procure-to-pay (P2P), inventory and fleet processes
- Facilitates cross-functional efforts to explore opportunities and implement process improvements, including development of process plans and ongoing metrics to measure process success
- Assists in the creation of project proposals, outlining benefits, time frame, funding and resource requirements, and critical requirements to accomplish project goals
- Provides technical execution of defined activities to support the delivery of initiatives required to achieve efficiency, effectiveness, and innovation objectives.
- Responds to and investigates end-user issues related to the Procure-to-Pay (P2P), inventory and fleet processes
- Identifies and tracks key Procure-to-Pay (P2P), inventory, and fleet process metrics, including development and refinement of dashboards and reports for senior management
- Balances stakeholders
- Builds effective teams
- Business insight
- Communicates effectively
- Ensures Accountability
- Plans and Aligns
- Strategic mindset
- Analytical skills
- Computer Skills
- Project and Change Management
- Risk Management
- Materials Movement
- Inventory Management
Required Education, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from ABET approved curriculum or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with certification by the NCEES to sit for the FE exam (Industrial Engineer preferred) .
- 3-5+ years of related experience
- Knowledge of SAP/Ariba procure-to-pay system and EWM preferred
- Step progression levels based on skill proficiency and scope of job.
- Strong business acumen pertaining to the Utility industry
- Strong knowledge of leading practices for their practice area
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies on the job
- Proficient at functioning effectively within a team environment, present ideas and opinions in a respective and collegial manner
- Progression to this level is strictly restricted based on critical individual capabilities and business requirements; must be supported by market survey data.
Licenses and Certifications
- Certification in Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma
- FE/PE (preferred)