Engineering Manager for the Microwave Power Module (MPM) group. Lead a multidisciplinary engineering team responsible for the development and production support of high voltage electronic power conditioners (EPC) with industry leading size weight and power. The group’s responsibility extends beyond power electronics to include integration of the EPC with the RF amplifier chain and packaging and testing of the completed MPM.
- Mentor, develop and train the members of your group with a focus on creating a high performance engineering team.
- Lead in the solution of technical issues, especially those that are suppressing yield or production flow.
- Actively seek out innovative technologies and oversee new product development to insure continued industry leadership.
- Work with the group leaders to identify resource bottlenecks and optimize resource utilization.
- In conjunction with the project manager and group leaders, prepare project plans and budgets for all engineering projects. Monitor project progress against plans and identify potential delays, cost overruns and risks as early as possible.
- Review project progress on a weekly basis and in consultation with the project manager for the weekly and monthly management reviews.
- Ensure engineering team adheres L3Harris policies and procedures to ensure the maintenance of the AS9100 accreditation.
- Engineering Degree, EE preferred, post graduate degree a plus.
- Eight years demonstrated experience either in a similar senior technical leadership position (Engineering Manager) or experience managing products requiring multiple resources for successful completion (Senior Project Engineer)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Continuous Improvement practices - Lean, Kaizen and Six Sigma. Effectively deploys CI tools throughout the department (or function)
- Proven record in leading and growing an engineering team and running development projects
- Hands on design engineering experience
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Positive, assertive, ‘can do’ attitude
- High level business acumen
- Proficient in ERP systems, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must possess exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Accuracy, thoroughness, persistence and attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills