The Field Service Kaizen Promotion Office (KPO) Lean Director I is the sensei to senior business leaders, responsible for building lean capability and guiding the lean transformation of their business. Through the lean leadership and application of lean principles, responsible for realizing breakthrough year-on-year results in safety, quality, on-time delivery, lead time and cost performance. This highly visible and influential role builds lean capability of senior business leaders through a personalized leadership development process comprehending both lean behaviors and lean technical competencies. Will provide continual support to the business leaders in the development of the plan, guide alongside coaching throughout learning-by-doing, and continues to support them as they cascade the approach ever deeper into their organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish regular meetings with FieldCore leadership to create, execute, reflect on, and learn from action plans to reach stretch KPI targets and achieve hoshin breakthroughs.
- Provide the organization with an independent and objective view of the business and what must be improved.
- Assist business leaders, from the KPO, to map the current state of their process/value stream, to develop a dramatically leaner future state, and to elaborate the action plan (kaizen calendar) in order to transition from the current state to the future state.
- Provide hands-on support for the leaders and their teams to hold successful kaizen events.
- Responsible to provide the tools and build the capability of leaders to lead events autonomously through a learn-by-doing and train-the-trainer approach.
- Teaches and enables business leaders to implement a comprehensive lean system in their business with initial priority to establish: Daily management, KPI bowlers and action plans, monthly operating reviews, structured problem solving, kaizen events, and leadership standard work throughout their organization.
- Curate and disseminate all lean content such as communications, templates/tools, operating system implementation status, kaizen activity, business performance results, and success stories highlighting people’s achievements.
- Assist business leaders to effectively communicate the lean transformation.
- Travel required
- May be assigned other duties to help proactively drive our FieldCore vision and align with our organization’s core values.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field
- 11+ years combined experience in lean, quality, manufacturing, operations, field services, supply chain, logistics, engineering, or similar fields
- Demonstrated mastery of applying lean in diverse contexts
- Passion for helping business leaders and their teams improve their business and build their lean capabilities
- Desire to spend extensive time improving genba – virtual or physical – including travel worldwide
- Demonstrated breakthrough results through hands-on application of lean principles
- English proficiency required
- Master’s degree or higher in a relevant field
- Former business/function leadership with demonstrated year-on-year KPI improvement through lean
- Prior experience in KPO/similar roles in transformation, especially global/matrix/complex environments
- A deep understanding and experience with service businesses, especially industrial service and power
- Cross industry and cross business leadership and lean experience, especially Automotive and Aerospace
- Strong leadership skills, and executive presence
- Change agent with strong credibility and influencing skills
- Demonstrated breakthrough KPI results achieved from a lean/coach/influence role
- Measurable success in customer-facing roles and/or activities
- High energy, self-starter with demonstrated ability to motivate others to achieve results in complex situations
- Adapt and adopts best practices internally and externally
- Ability to build relationships throughout the organization at all levels
- Strong team building and listening skills; able to drive a positive employee relations culture into the field
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization as well as organizations outside of FieldCore (customers, etc)
- Qualifications and certifications in lean, coaching, six sigma, or similar