This role will serve as the Manufacturing Process leader for Digital Core +SAP S4 Program. This role is expected to partner with global digital manufacturing team and across Digital Core +SAP S4 Program team to build an effective blueprint integration template to the manufacturing environment to enable a digital twin for a responsive and agile “Plan to produce” process model design; including logistics inbound and execution, warehouse management, plant maintenance and product track and trace, leveraging the full capabilities of SAP S4 Hana, surround systems and other advanced capabilities such ML/AI/RPA. This role will provide thought leadership and vision to create an enhanced future state of the manufacturing process environment that will serve to enable the digital factory information to be leveraged into the enterprise business environments, the planning environment, track and trace and end to end control tower and other critical interfaces. The role will lead a team of business user experts, highly skilled and knowledgeable in the Plan to Produce processes, the production operating environment, track and trace, plant maintenance, BOM management, waste management and product costing.
Role Responsibilities & Accountabilities
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Develop the integration strategy with manufacturing’ blueprint of the digital factory (4.0) to create the digital twin of the manufacturing environment needed to support the data requirements necessary to feed the new business processes of the enterprise business platform (SAP), the global/regional planning environments across multiple planning horizons, track and trace and the end to end control tower.
- Partner with Global Manufacturing to ensure that the blueprint design is fully aligned with the One K-C Manufacturing aspirations and digital transformation needs.
- Collaborate with Planning to create the global template, for the manufacturing scheduling execution processes within SAP S4 and any surround systems required leveraging advanced capabilities such as ML/AI/RPA.
- Lead the Digital Core +SAP S4 Program manufacturing team of business user experts knowledgeable in factory execution systems, the production operating environment, track and trace, plant maintenance, BOM management, waste management and product costing.
- Lead and work collaboratively with planning and finance on the set up of the enterprise system’s manufacturing model and work centers to create the right analytical capabilities/financial framework to manage manufacturing operations and plan the financial cost allocation across production units and work centers.
- Ensure that the blueprint will enable an optimized Plan-to-Produce process set across production units and optimize financial spend and manufacturing operations.
- Ensure that the data set and analytics will enable comparison between production cost of planning and execution, covering all effort types plan costs, actual costs, target costs, control costs, and input/output variances.
- Ensure design leverages to the fullest automation of processes and ML/AI/RPA to support advanced analytics and decision making.
- Provide direction and oversight to Digital Core +SAP S4 Program team resources including third party partners for the multi-phases of program from feasibility to deployment and execution.
- Responsible for delivery of manufacturing digital blueprint and process design template for Digital Core +SAP S4 Program initiatives on time and within budget.
- Work with the Global process owners on program in Procurement, Logistics, Planning, Quality, PLM, EHS&S, and Data & Analytics, to the ensure a seamless integration of data requirements from manufacturing to support the end to end supply chain processes and all financial planning.
- Lead all activities of the Manufacturing workstream on Digital Core +SAP S4 Program, manage risks, and ensure timely delivery of the manufacturing requirements definition documents, test scripts for build validation and metrics definition for evaluating effectiveness of design build.
- Lead development of manufacturing training documentation and training environment. Ensure timely delivery of training and validation of training completeness.
- Partner across all functional areas of the Project team to develop the best technological solutions and visibility into process environment to enable precision manufacturing and effective cost of operations.
GSC VP Manufacturing, Regional and Business Unit Supply Chain Manufacturing teams, Global Mfg OPEX/LSS Leader; Sr. Director ITS Global Digital Supply Chain, Planning and Logistics organization, GSC Strategy & Transformation Leader, IT Mfg Capability Director, GSC VP Quality and; Sr. Director ITS Global Digital Supply Chain; CFO K-C Supply Chain, Digital Core +SAP S4 Program team.
The incumbent reports directly to the Senior Director, Digital Core +SAP S4 Program, SC Capability Owner The Director, Manufacturing Process lead, Digital Core +SAP S4 Program, is the leader of the Manufacturing template team and provides strategic leadership in the blueprint, build and deployment of the future state manufacturing enterprise environment.in scope of Digital Core +SAP S4 Program. The role will drive simplification, standardization, differentiation where it adds value into the blueprint design and will collaborate across all teams in both project and operations to deliver a truly state of the art design delivering on cost and service and enabling the integrated supply chain environment. . Provide leadership, coordination, and direction for all design elements of manufacturing scope within the project and manage risk /scope to deliver workstream on time and in budget.
- Bachelor's Degree (required). Preferred fields include Supply Chain Operations, Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, Engineering or Business Management or related discipline and 10- 15 years of industrial experience.
- Team Leader experience 3-5 years and Field factory experience is desirable.
- Ability to provide strategic technical leadership and lead by influence in the creation of manufacturing blueprint for the Plan to produce and broader enterprise system environment.
- Ability to communicate and influence multi-disciplinary teams developing strong partnerships across functions to drive the design, build, and deployment of state of the art manufacturing enterprise systems environment.
- Leadership experience in Plan to Produce deployment and knowledgeable of the uses of automation in world-class production facilities to leverage for integration to enterprise environments such as SAP S4 and other critical digital core surround systems.
- Functional knowledge of manufacturing operations – including but not limited to the following functions: planning/forecasting, supply management, procurement, sales and operations planning, engineering, production scheduling, maintenance, production controls, quality control, inventory management, supply chain, warehouse and distribution.
- Track record of project delivery success that should include: System Implementation / Integration, cost savings, process improvement.
- Expert knowledge of ERP and Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) with broad IT expertise in various disciplines (system development, infrastructure) and new technologies.
- Keen technical skills and demonstrable ability to assess needs, identify issues, recommend alternatives and implement and lead change.
- Demonstrated capability in making timely, difficult decisions to ensure critical business needs and timelines are met.
- Experience in supplier management, Project Management, Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrated organizational and leadership skills, examples of effective teamwork, a track record of consistently meeting deadlines and due dates.
- Superb communication skills, written and verbal, with ability communicate in a clear and concise manner across various levels of the organization.
- Excellent judgment, interpersonal skills, cultural awareness and professional maturity with executive presentation experience, comfortable interacting with senior executive leadership, lead, facilitate and manage change effectively.
- Six-Sigma, Continuous Improvement, or Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) Associate Certification is preferred along with a proven track record of cost savings and continuous improvement accomplishments.
- You are comfortable working Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. SAP experience preferred.