Do you take pride on a job well done? Are you passionate about customers and technology? We’re currently looking for a seasoned Global Director of Supply Chain who will identify gaps in supply chain processes and capabilities and propose and execute solutions to address them using the Vontier Business System (VBS) and will also ensure that the processes within the supply chain are functioning properly and on time to customer and business expectations. If you have wide Supply Chain at a Global level experience and are known for thinking creatively, this opportunity is for you!
As a Global Director of Supply Chain, you will have the unique opportunity to manage and oversee global supply chain operations, including strategic sourcing, purchasing, logistics, inventory management, risk management, vendor selection and vendor management and at the same time, manage a team of 2 direct reports with dotted line responsibility for 4 regional reports.
You will help us in our mission to solve our customer's problems. To break it down, your responsibilities will include:
- Design, generate and analyze regular reports and KPIs to manage and improve supply chain operations. Ensure we generate accurate, timely and valuable data to inform business decision making.
- Implementation of appropriate processes/systems to ensure management of the supply chain, including inventory management and demand forecasting, keeping a constant awareness of global stock levels and usage trends.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on New Product Introduction (NPI) to assure materials develop inventory strategies for new product launches to ensure product availability.
- Supplier Management: lead or assist with supplier’s selection, price and contract negotiations, terms and conditions resolution, product quality requirements, evaluation of bids and to make recommendations based on commercial and technical factors.
- Inventory: Responsible for stock/forecasting reports and statistics. Ensure suppliers are aware of business objectives and hold them accountable to supplier KPIs. Minimize surplus and obsolete inventories and manage product phase-outs to minimize shortages and financial liabilities.
- Lead the supply chain department in liaising between suppliers, contract manufacturers, internal stakeholders and customers.
At Teletrac Navman, we believe in YOU. We believe in your potential - your ability to learn, grow and make an impact. And we believe in giving you the opportunity, accountability and visibility to do just that.
To be successful in this role, YOU will be equipped with:
- Relevant bachelor’s degree required in Supply Chain, Business Management, or related field.
- 7+ years of experience in Supply Chain or Strategic Sourcing, with progressively increasing responsibility
- Experience with a software technology environment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and present content appropriate to an executive audience Results-driven individual that understands the importance of reaching financial KPIs and other time-sensitive objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to build strong relationships and to collaborate effectively across functions and with external partners. Strong communication skills in a global business environment.
- Demonstrated project management skills across multiple functions and levels. Experience managing complex projects from inception to completion.
- Strong financial acumen, ability to understand and make decisions based on large amounts of data.
- Advanced understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in a Lean business environment and using Lean principles. Practical experience in transactional Six Sigma analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, change embracing corporate culture, often with a high level of ambiguity.