The Head of Business Process Improvement will lead a team of seasoned practitioners in support of FM Global’s top corporate objectives. They will be responsible for owning and maturing Process Improvement practices for the company. This role requires a strategic problem solver, able to operate effectively at all levels of the organization, and excited to create tangible value for the organization.
Set strategy and direction for the team, including establishing team objectives and supporting measurements.
Build out and maintain consistent and scalable Process Improvement practices for the organization.
Manage the project portfolio, assuring that resources are identified, skills matched appropriately, and that there is transparency in the process.
Provide thought leadership in these fields across the organization; effectively partner with leaders throughout the company to ensure effective use of the team’s resources and toolsets.
Provide coaching and direction to the team by prioritizing focus areas, defining deliverables and ensuring measurable results.
Drive day to day delivery of team priorities, while also maintaining a big-picture strategic perspective.
Interact effectively with all levels of the organization; develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders.
Attract and retain top talent.
- 10+ years of hands-on Process Improvement experience in a Corporate Environment (Lean, Six Sigma, etc), including team management
- Or tenure on the FM Global Process Improvement Team and 5-10 years of relevant internal experience.
- Proven success in leading process transformation initiatives.
- Background of team management and inspirational leadership.
- Comfort leading a team through a structured problem-solving process resulting in measurable improvement.
- Experience prioritizing and assigning projects and recognizing how different processes interact with each other.
- Capable of building support for ideas, recognized as a leader, comfortable facilitating in a large group setting.
- Willing to challenge the status quo, confident in own ideas while willing/able to take partners’ perspectives; not deterred by executive opposition.
- Strong analytical skills, including hypothesis generation and comfort with data models.
- Ability to facilitate large brainstorming sessions, including both in person and remote elements.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- MBA a strong positive.
- Lean and Six Sigma Certifications a strong positive.