The Head of Operational Excellence (OE) leads efforts to deliver business results by working with teams to identify opportunities for improvement and taking accountability for rigorous execution and delivery. The Head of OE is an expert in identifying and implementing efficiency gains for projects at all levels of scope, but in particular, those which are multi-dimensional, complex, and critical to the site’s future. This includes, but is not limited to, assessing, scoping, standardizing, and implementation. Extensive experience in implementing and leading transformation through Lean Six Sigma.
Key Accountabilities and Duties:
- Collaborate with site department subject matter experts and Regional Head of OE to identify and drive crucial efforts leading to sustainable improvement for the site for the medium to long term strategy. Identify improvement opportunities and conduct Kaizen events to create rapid process improvements.
- Acts as a subject matter expert for the site, coaching others in the philosophy, methods, tools and techniques of process improvements, to increase the capability of the business to respond to problems. Mentor and develop the site functional managers, including OE project managers through regular coaching and management of their performance.
- Coach teams to establish performance measurements and process control plans to monitor project results and drive sustainability. Oversee the site Innovation Council and communicate project progress and promote project achievements to maintain awareness of improvement activity on the site and across the network with corporate leadership.
- Develop improvement project business cases to secure the necessary support and resources for success. Work with the business to identify and report milestone, project progress and work with project sponsors and site leadership to address major barriers to progress to ensure projects are delivered to plan.
- Oversee technical site training and leadership development initiatives.
Minimum Required Qualifications/Skills:
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (Required) Master Black Belt (Preferred)
- Advanced years of Biopharma experience
- Works in partnership as an active member of his/her team and cross- functional working groups
- Generously shares information and knowledge with others across teams and functions
- Has a deep understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Ability to effectively communicate persuasively and respectfully across the organization
- Hands on attitude to get things done with the ability to manager change to a successful conclusion
- Embraces new initiatives and drives successful implementation in his/her area
- Adapts thinking and behavior to support change
- Takes personal responsibility for promoting change in his/her area
- Understands how to effectively engage others in the change processes
- Energetic and enthusiastic style