This is a new global position within Technical Operations (TOPS), and to this end, the leader establishes and shapes the continuous improvement vision for this organization. The position reports to the Head of Strategy & Program Management Office, leads the OpEx team, and chairs the OpEx network in TOPS. The incumbent collaborates across all TOPS functions – Quality, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Process Sciences & Development organizations, in order to deliver tangible results as well as to instill a mindset and culture of continuous improvement. This leader also engages with the company-wide OpEx network to develop and implement enterprise strategies. S/he will lead the identification and execution of strategic and operational priorities across Technical Operations in support of improving Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost performance. In order to achieve this, this leader works with his/her peers across Technical Operations to understand the business objectives and builds an organization which can enable their delivery in an effective and efficient manner. The leader demonstrates commitment to Seagen’s mission and role models corporate values & behaviors.
- Job Manages up to Directors
- Apply Continuous Improvement and Lean tools to improve/redesign business processes, in order to drive productivity, efficiency, simplification, and waste elimination across internal and external manufacturing sites and functions.
- Yield concrete improvement in Safety, Quality, Delivery throughput and Cost efficiency through:
- Business Process Improvement - Define, optimize, and maintain end to end business processes (e.g., map/analyze using BPMN tools and techniques)
- Identify and quantify continuous improvement opportunities across TechOps and build business case and necessary investment case
- Lead workshops, Kaizen, DMAIC, PDCA and Lean Six Sigma Projects
- Deployment of Governance Systems
- Deployment of Visual Management Systems
- Root cause problem solving
- Identification of Meaningful Metrics and Key Performance Indicators
- Continuous Improvement Education and Training
- Continuous Improvement Project Intake and Prioritization
- Build organizational capability and provide training/coaching (may incl. development/conductance of TOPS training programs)
- Lead 3-5 direct reports of OpEx Project Managers, and matrixed OpEx network to execute OpEx portfolio/programs/projects & deliver goals/results/business case
- Lead cross functional teams in understanding the current condition of assigned processes / systems, develop target condition, establish plans to close the gap and coach teams to successfully achieve value capture
- Drive Change Management to promote a culture and mindset of operational excellence and continuous improvement across Technical Operations and embedding it into daily work
- Build, maintain and leverage relationships across the matrix to identify opportunities for process improvement and facilitate the implementation of measurement and management systems
- Coach / mentor stakeholders, staff, team members and Technical Operations employees at all levels to support them through the adoption of lean principles and practices
- Build organizational capabilities and deploy Operational Excellence training in support of achieving organizational priorities
- Use data-driven approach to position OpEx as “Science of Operations”
- Participat, collaborate and lead programs/projects at suppliers on cross-organizational improvement opportunities
- Black belt certification and Lean or Six Sigma experience required.
- 10 + years’ experience in a high tech/manufacturing environment (Pharmaceutical/Med Device Industry experience preferred)
- Understanding of and experience with cGMP and GCP fundamentals
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Technical Operations / Operational Excellence roles applying “lean” principles
- Experience with business case preparation incl. financial modeling (e.g., eNPV)
- Experience with use of technology/digital tools/enablers
- Experience with Agile Project Management techniques a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing portfolio of projects and in leading change through others to achieve operational excellence.
- Track record of success in the rigorous planning, execution and timely delivery of enterprise level projects and programs
- Demonstrated experience in solving complex problems in manufacturing and business processes
- Proven innovation & opportunity identification translated to tangible initiatives and successful value capture
- Builds relationships, able to negotiate & influence, and manage change in a global matrix environment
- Demonstrated proficiency and passion for lean methodology, tools and manufacturing process improvement
- Exceptional skills in leadership, coaching, analytical problem solving and strong business acumen
- Superior written and verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Up to ~30% travel (domestic and International)
- Degree in a Scientific / Engineering/ Organizational Management field. A Higher Degree or MBA is desirable.