- Manages and directs the daily production operations for four chemical manufacturing units
- Selects, organizes, trains, and motivates the production staff of approximately 30 individuals to ensure consistent attainment of production schedules at optimum productivity and cost levels
- Analyzes, modifies and upgrades existing processes and procedures
- Assesses safety and potential environmental impact of operating units and continually improve safety, efficiency and output of the units
- Coordinate with support functions to improve operations (Maintenance, Reliability, Engineering, HR, Safety, Environmental, Purchasing, Finance, supply chain, etc.)
- Develops and implements improvements in facilities, equipment and manpower utilization to improve product quality and productivity while lowering operating and maintenance costs
- Recommends improvements in production flow or methods
- Coordinates and integrates with other plant function areas to ensure support in attaining output, productivity and quality
- B.S. in Engineering (Chemical or Materials) is preferred but not required.
- Certification in at least one process-improvement methodology (e.g., Six Sigma Green Belt, Lean) is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated increasing responsibility preferably in a chemical manufacturing facility.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Thorough knowledge of regulations concerning material standards, safety and control