Designs and maintains production processes in an assembly manufacturing operation. Utilizing standard industrial engineering tools, design manufacturing processes, improve existing processes, and apply a costing models to establish standard costs. Continually analyze the manufacturing operation to identify opportunities for improvement and products that are not meeting established production standards.
- Designs and implements new processes and the introduction of new products / process to the factory. (NPI)
- Establishes cost measurements and productivity standards for the facility.
- Creates standard work documents of all factory processes and maintains the same.
- Utilizes Lean/TPS and/or Six Sigma techniques to research, identify, and test innovative concepts and eliminate waste in critical performance areas. Leads and/or participates in Kaizen events to develop and implement continuous improvement solutions.
- Uses appropriate data collection methods to measure process cost, and benefits of continuous improvement initiatives. Track and verify cost savings or cost justified capital projects.
- Performs time and motion studies to verify labor standards and create standard work documentation for production on all production lines.
- Develops productivity standards for production facility/distribution center teammates.
- Provides technical and analytical support for strategic initiatives and continuous improvement projects.
- Researches, tests, and communicates results of innovative concepts that can enhance performance in operations, management, and systems integration.
- Manages and maintains BOMs and routings in the ERP system.
- Understands the Engineering Change Process and helps drive effective and timely execution. Serves as a resource for various tasks such as routing updates, BOM changes/updates, artwork updates, and ECR creation and/or completion.
- Proven ability to motivate and direct the work of others and influence teammates at all levels and various functions and drive change throughout assigned areas
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required, preferably with a concentration in Industrial / Systems Engineering.
- 2-4 years of professional experience Industrial Engineering. Preferably in a assembly manufacturing operation
- Lean/TPS and/or Six Sigma training required, certification highly preferred
- Ability to work with common ERP systems, preferably SAP.
- Able to use applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, and AutoCAD