You want to be an important member of a strong team of other makers who take pride in their work and support each other. As an Industrial Engineer/Continuous Improvement Lean Leader, you will be responsible for improvement activity in our manufacturing processes offering ideas to improve quality, productivity and safety, through lean principles and data driven actions. Coordinate efforts with teams to improve processes through lean tools. That’s year one. If career growth is important to you, we not only know how to help you with that, it’s what we love to do: https://youtu.be/PUqzuWryYcU.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Lean Manufacturing – Drive lean principles using the tools, 6S, Jishuken, Kaizen, value mapping to improve processes and problem solve. Maintain records, organize lean events and teach lean principles to others. (50%)
Industrial Engineering – Work to improve production areas and packaging areas by time studies, analyzing layout, to achieve maximum efficiency and quality. (30%)
Review/develop standard work instruction with team members to foster a continuous improvement culture. (10%)
Coordinate lean activities and other projects in conjunction with lean consultants. (5%)
Coordinate lean activities with sister facilities to yokoten best practice sharing internal and external to our facility. (5%)
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
If you can do everything listed above, you’ve got what it takes. Perhaps some of the following would be helpful too:
- High School Graduate or GED equivalent is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or extensive experience is preferred.
- Licensed Industrial Engineer/Lean Practitioner is preferred.
- Six Sigma certified is preferred.
- Red X training or certified is preferred.
- Knowledge of Fastener Manufacturing processes is preferred.
- Knowledge of heat treatment, coatings, heading and threading operations is preferred.
- 3 years of Lean Manufacturing usage and leading teams in lean principles. Industrial Engineering – time studies, work instruction for manufacturing operations
- 2 years of supervision/management of direct employees.
- 2 years of ISO 9000/ TS-16949 Quality Systems.
- Mathematical Reasoning: Ability to calculate figures and amounts percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and statistical analysis and present in graphs and spreadsheets.
- Reading: Ability to read and interpret documents such as architectural and structural plans, value stream maps, A3 reasoning and pareto analysis.
- Comprehension/Speaking/Writing: Understand safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Analysis/Reasoning: Effective analytical, technical, and problem solving skills. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Self-Management: Ability to display a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner.
- Team Player: Demonstrated ability to motivate and work with team members. Must be able to connect, interface, and communicate well with a variety of internal partners in sales, marketing and development.
- Software: Frequently used software includes: Microsoft Suite including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access. CAD usage a plus.
This job requires 10% domestic/international travel.