Bring your skills as an Industrial Engineering Manager to a growing Fortune 500 retail company and certified Great Place to Work! This position supports the Store Operations organization through a variety of projects focused on enhancing productivity, reducing expense, and maximizing throughput.
The Industrial Engineering Manager will assist in providing improvements to operations, work measurement, methods, materials usage, work station and material handling design, and training with the goal of improving processes and productivity. These activities directly impact throughput and increase cost savings across all stores.
- Manage the development and maintenance of accurate and effective engineered standards through detailed review of time and frequency studies. Manage the development and maintenance of best practices for all job functions.
- Support business objectives and expense and throughput improvement initiatives through needs assessment, work methods flow analysis, recommendations and project implementation. Use appropriate project management tools to plan, develop, and coordinate the completion of assigned tasks and deliver quantifiable results.
- Test new concepts to improve the processes in the stores. Support the design and installation of material handling equipment incorporated into existing, new and smaller footprint stores.
- Support capital projects when required with work sampling, cost justification (Return on Investment), and cost/benefit analyses.
- Builds strong relationships with field partners to coach and train in the proper definition, communication, and implementation of best practices.
- Manage one or more Store Operations projects by providing project leadership and daily management for all assigned projects. Assist management in assessing and prioritizing projects. Analyze data and report to management and others. Performing due diligence on each project to insure accuracy of costs assumptions, capacity assumptions, and timing assumptions. Develop presentations and present recommendations to senior management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering.
- 5-8 years of experience in projects related to process design, work measurement, productivity improvement, cost reduction and project implementation.
- Preferred experience working in a distribution or stores environment with work standards.
- Experience with work measurement, standard data, and predetermined time systems and tools with an emphasis on time study expertise.
- Well versed in team education, training and facilitation of engineering principles.
- Must provide solid leadership, coaching and direction.
- Experience in the development, maintenance, and implementation of a management observation and accountability programs.
- Strong ability to gather, analyze and interpret information and develop, recommend and implement solutions while maintaining budget.
- Demonstrated ability to interact across a broad range of organizational levels and functions.
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt