Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) has an exciting opportunity for an e3 business operating system leader in our Van Nuys, CA operations. e3 provides a common language, processes, and metrics across the enterprise and includes regular reviews and performance metrics to drive continuous improvement. Every employee in every function and in every aspect of the organization uses e3 every day of the year as part of their job.
The SAS e3 Team strives for operational excellence across all business and functional areas and processes by deploying Lean tools and Six Sigma principles. The e3 team plays an active role in driving accelerated operating and financial performance through continuous process improvement and execution of breakthrough strategies. The selected candidate will work closely with each of the Sectors/Functional organizations to develop and manage the execution of strategic initiatives. This position requires sound leadership, operations and productivity improvement knowledge, keen core finance and business acumen, and excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Lead Manufacturing, Test, Quality, Supply Chain, Program Management and/or functional organizations / teams through L3Harris e3 strategy, lean continuous improvement projects and kaizen events to achieve maximum effectiveness, efficiency and productivity.
- Responsible for achieving assigned financial and key performance indicators/metrics.
- Responsible for development and execution of assigned lean roadmap activities.
- Grow the next generation of belt/lean trained employees through training, mentoring, and targeted learning/knowledge transfer opportunities.
- Experienced in application of lean/six sigma tools, principals, and problem-solving methodologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal/written communication skills; effectively interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to work and/or lead multiple projects with limited direction.
- Implement lean initiatives to identify and eliminate waste out of processes, reduce cycle times, and drive cost savings.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Experienced in Lean Manufacturing; Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and/or Black Belt certified.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Proven leadership skills with collaborative management style that will facilitate interaction with executives, colleagues and corporate partners.
- Proficient-proven individual contributor with ability to lead through influence.
- Effective presentation and meeting skills is preferred.
- Proven track record lean/continuous improvement projects success.
- Strong project management, analytical skills, financial and business acumen is preferred.
- Self-starter, action oriented, “can do” attitude, resourceful, and team focused.