A management role dedicated to setting strategy, defining projects and driving implementation of the Lean Manufacturing principles and process improvements needed to evolve the SKF – St. Louis facility to world class manufacturing levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop, train and implement improvement initiatives including Standardization, DMAIC problem solving methodology, 5S, Value Stream Management Planning, Lean manufacturing methods, etc. to fulfill the vision set forth by LM and SKF Manufacturing Management.
- Sustain and drive growth of the values and initiatives resulting from SKF Production System / Lean initiative.
- Coordinate, execute and document Kaizen events for the continuous improvement of manufacturing operations, systems, and processes.
- Explore and evaluate new technologies that lead to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Assist all departments in identifying continuous improvement opportunities. Develop Standard Work Intake Process (Project Funnel) for submittal, evaluation and development of improvement ideas into solid business cases for projects. Track evaluation, development, implementation and resulting benefits.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement by effectively leveraging communication processes and employee relations programs.
- Champion Six Sigma projects and Quick Wins.
- Develop, document and share continuous improvement best practices between other LBU facilities.
- Develop and Maintain C.I./Six Sigma project plans using such tools as Master Plans, MS Project, Project Hopper, etc.
- Measure and track (together with the Plant Controller) the progress of the Lean roll-out, in terms of financial results and process KPIs improvements. Proactively identify further potentials and anticipate action in case of deviation of goal achievement.
- Develop project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management. Determine project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements.
- Determine project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements. Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- BS in Engineering (preferred) or 5 or more years experience in Continuous Improvement role, Production & Project Management, Manufacturing Engineering, or other relevant area.
- Formal training in Lean (Certification a plus)
- Strong Project Management skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and good written communication skills.
- High energy level required.
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
- Six Sigma certification a plus
- Ability to work across all levels to influence key stakeholders and lead through influence