Partners with senior leaders and department leaders to drive breakthrough improvements in operational quality and efficiency. Serves as a mentor and developer of all positions within the department. Emphasis will be placed on Lean Strategy development; the deployment of Lean methodology; change management; and problem solving.
- Supports leadership to implement Lean strategy deployment and process improvement for assigned areas within Atrium. Implements a change management culture to all levels of the assigned organization.
- Leads large scale process improvement and change management implementations using advanced Lean tools and methods.
- Facilitates change through leading by influence
- Coaches mid-level and senior executives on Lean leadership and manages culture change throughout the assigned organization.
- Facilitate strategy development with executive stakeholders.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting reaching. Must lift a minimum of 15 poundsï¿½ shoulder high. Must have intact sense of sight and hearing. Must be mobile within the entire Atrium System.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelors Degree
- MBA or Masters degree preferred
- Industrial Engineering degree or systems engineering preferred
- Extensive experience in Lean methods, tools, strategies and philosophies
- 3 to 10 years experience in facilitating Lean Transformation
- Operations management experience
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Significant experience in <span style="font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif">Strategy development and deployment and a Lean Management System , VSMs and Rapid Improvement Events (Kaizen events), A3 thinking, Managing for Daily Improvement, 5S, Visual Management and Standard Work
- Strong communication (oral and written) and team facilitation skills
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder management
- Strong capability in data analytics, and ability to utilize data for problem solving and root cause analysis
- Minimum 3 years of healthcare experience in acute care setting preferred
- Certification in six sigma, lean eta preferred
- Recent leadership experience within the past 5 years preferred
- Experience working with and comfortable coaching VP's, SVP, CMO's CNE"s, facility presidents or equivalent