Reporting to the Site leader this position requires a leader who can facilitate and drive change in a fast-paced environment leveraging his/her strong technical, interpersonal and influencing skills. Keys to success for this role will be implementing the Lean tool kits, institutionalizing Operational Excellence and improving the problem- Solving ability of our work force. The Lean manager will be responsible for aligning coordinating and leading all continuous improvement activities at the plant/Customer Service Center to deliver on both the short-term and long-term results. Position will build strong cross functional relationships, enlisting support and working in partnership with the Plant Functional Leadership Team.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge of Lean Management system and Lean tools like -5S, Daily Huddle Process (Lean Daily Management), Value Stream Mapping, Transactional Process Improvement, Standard Work, Strategy Deployment, SMED, TPM and 3P Layout with the ability to become certified and facilitate events on these tools.
- Partner with plant Leaders, to assess current processes and identify process improvement opportunities. Manage the process of selecting, scoping, and prioritizing projects including review of resource utilization across the organization.
- Collaborate with leadership team peers to create best practices related to all functions to further align with overall business strategy.
- Key driver of change within the business, supporting cross functional decisions by communicating the enterprise wide changes to employees and helping them to learn, understand, adjust and grow with the company’s Operational Excellence Culture.
- Proven ability to Coach, Train, Mentor and Facilitate across all levels of the organization.
- Develop and manage financial benefit, cost budgets, and key performance indicator bowlers related to major activities.
- Effective problem solving skills
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to influence the organization Strong Organizational Skills and ability to multitask
- High level of technical or operational experience around: Financials, Operations, Materials, Quality Expertise in these tools is defined as being able to create training material as to how they are used
- This list is not exhaustive, as all positions at the company are dynamic. This is consistent with our need to be flexible and responsive to the needs of our customers.
Experience and Degree Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
The following are preferred qualifications
- 3-5 years of experience in leading continuous improvement activities in Wire Manufacturing or related industries (Continuous Manufacturing )
- Preferred certification in Lean/Six-Sigma tools Strategy Deployment Process (SDP)/Hoshin Kanri
- Ability to develop Operational Excellence talent through teaching and executing on kaizen events.