Provides support for Greif production facilities as related to the implementation of lean manufacturing principles and continuous improvement processes. The effort is to institutionalize and maintain the Greif Production System across all production facilities in North America and (on occasion) to support regions outside North America. Assists in institutionalizing and maintaining the Greif Production System. Work as a team to ensure program sustainability by building the necessary tools, processes, and capabilities across the organization.
- Serve as experts related to lean manufacturing and its application within Greif GIP North America.
- Serve as active educator on lean manufacturing for Greif continuous improvement and production personnel.
- Support Greif’s Center of Excellence by preparing and reviewing training modules, continually improving fit and use for production personnel to learn key lean principles.
- Diagnose and prioritize opportunities with plants in areas of labor savings, throughput improvement, yield improvement, and other operational cost reductions.
- Lead the implementation of identified opportunities within plant environments by working closely with plant personnel and plant continuous improvement teams.
- Facilitate and support kaizen activities to identify and analyze operational improvement opportunities.
- Establish and ensure the consistent use of performance management standards for Operational Excellence.
- Leverage experiences and share best-demonstrated practices across the business unit and other business units within Greif worldwide.
- Support other regions (outside North America) as needs arise for lean skills and support.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Typically possesses a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and 5 or more years of relevant experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of operations and lean manufacturing tools and principles
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certified a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite or software.
- Takes an analytical approach to complex issues and problem solving.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Exceptional research ability.
- Good leadership skills and coaching skills.
- Ability to manage project/process from start to finish.