The Lean Specialist will lead the site(s) continuous improvement efforts and is responsible for driving continuous and significant improvement impacting safety, quality, delivery, lead time, cost, and working capital (payables and inventory). This will be achieved by developing a world class improvement culture and methodically implementing the strategic objectives (an outstanding combination of planning, strategy deployment, IQ and Lean/Six Sigma techniques.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead Continuous Improvement and Productivity Processes
- Achieve significant and quantifiable improvement in distribution operations, manufacturing, and quality management system processes.
- Drive significant lean transformation of the site.
- Effectively deploy resources to key priorities
- Set high expectations (driven by metrics and countermeasures) for self and the organization
- Mold and develop the preferred culture.
- Lead key quality processes such as corrective action, process improvement, and auditing.
- Improve performance through employee engagement and openness.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors Degree highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience with Lean and Six Sigma tools.
- Highly customer responsive.
- Resourceful, combining strong sourcing and technical abilities.
- Ability and passion to rapidly learn and utilize the business system and achieve objectives.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written and the ability to effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization.
- Autonomous and self-directed.
- High degree of credibility and integrity.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving, process, and conceptual skills.
- Strong PC skills in Microsoft Office and SAP / ERP / MRP system required.
- Take time to celebrate!!!