In this position, you will get to:
- Supervises daily continuous improvement activities and ensures consistency in applying lean principles across the enterprise in all functional areas.
- Provides knowledge, coaching and mentoring of Lean Principles and Methods within the focused business areas.
- Implement the Quality Control strategy by ensuring that inspections are completed at the appropriately scheduled intervals.
- Partner with production team to make sure inspections are scheduled according to the production schedule.
- Summarize QC inspection results for Production, Design and Tech teams.
- Performs product reviews and analysis to determine defect root cause and/or disposition.
- Leads and translates strategy deployment goals to Organizational events and KAIZEN team actions.
- Identify, develop, and implement Lean concepts into Value Stream.
- Work collaboratively with customers, suppliers, teammates and support areas, in a team environment. Determine the appropriate tools, methodologies, and timing, of improvement activities to achieve business objectives.
- Prioritize improvement opportunities based upon tactical planning objectives including growth, delivery, safety, quality, cost and cash.
- Train others on Lean principles, including Standard Work, TPM, Value Stream Mapping, Ergonomics, SMED, 5-S, 3-P, and Kanban
- Facilitate both office and operations related Lean Kaizen Events, including planning & scheduling future events, ensuring open communications and involvement of employees, coordination and updates of progress during event, and developing & maintaining a system to follow-up on open items from Kaizen events to ensure they are driven to completion.
- Develop tools for implementing creative solutions for system and process improvements. Mentor others in Lean concepts and promote the lean culture in the organization.
- Use Lean techniques to perform process reviews and aid in establishing standardized work procedures.
- Report of KAIZEN progress for assigned area
- May be required to perform additional duties as assigned.
- May provide direction and guidance to non-salaried personnel; evaluate performance of and assists in career development planning for subordinates.
- BS or BA degree required
- 5+ years manufacturing/lean experience
- 2+ years supervisory experience
- Six-Sigma knowledge, or certification preferred
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing concepts and practices.
- Knowledge of process improvement concepts and methods along with the flexibility and adaptability to accept, support, and deploy new processes in a changing business environment.
- Skill to create and implement plans aligned with the division’s strategic vision.
- Skilled at effective communications at both technical and leadership levels. Skills must include good interpersonal skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills, and ability to understand information and ideas as presented.
- Skill in developing and delivering effective presentations.
- Skill and ability to use personal computers and enterprise software as well as evaluate, recommend, and use group specific software tools.
- Skill in project management and organization
- Skill in conflict resolution including the ability to address difference of opinions or facts and use the most appropriate method to reach an effective solution.
- Ability to build and maintain effective work relationships, both internal and external, and establish credibility with business partners.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize time/workload and delegate work in order to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to negotiate by collaborating with others to arrive at a conclusion using compromise, persuasion, rationale, and diplomacy.
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed
- Ability to work effectively in an environment of change and uncertainty.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business circumstances; must be able to thrive in a constantly changing business environment.
- Abilities to meet the physical and environmental demands:
- Bend, squat down, and reach above your head
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds