This position has the responsibility and authority for leading, deploying, and implementing Lean and Continuous Improvement. This position needs to be a progressive and passionate change agent focused on achieving measurable and sustainable results through the implementation of Lean and Continuous Improvement and needs have a clear understanding and experience with the Continuous Improvement methodologies and tools (DMAIC, DFMA, DFSS, Value stream mapping, one-piece flow, pull production, and Kaizen events) and ability to lead Lean and Continuous Improvement as a coach, teacher, and motivator.
We seek out and hire a diverse workforce at every level: We need fresh ideas and inclusive insights to continue to be an innovative industry leader —that’s why we make it a point to seek out, attract and develop employees who are patient-centric, passionate, and who represent the same wide variety of life experiences as our patients.
A Day in the Life
- Develop and implement strategies to deploy Lean and Continuous Improvement throughout the business.
- Initiate deployment (A3) activities within to ensure that improvement actions are directly linked to the strategic and tactical objectives of Medtronic and the business unit, emphasizing efficiency and effectiveness of business processes, and enabling breakthrough process changes and improvements.
- Perform value assessments identifying key areas for improvement opportunities.
- Create improvement plans which meet business goals.
- Coordinate resources to implement plans that result in process changes and improvements with demonstrated business impact.
- Coordinate, communicate and publicize Lean and Continuous Improvement activities and successes.
- Drive Continuous Improvement through leading, supporting, and coaching of projects across Neurosurgery (from supplier to customer) using Continuous Improvement methodologies (DFMA, DFSS, DMAIC, etc.)
- Facilitate, train, and teach Lean and Continuous Improvement tools and techniques. Develop and share new tools and techniques to improve Lean and Continuous Improvement effectiveness.
- All activities must be performed in compliance with the Quality System.
- Performs duties in compliance with environmental, health and safety-related site rules, policies or governmental regulations.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of Lean/Continuous Improvement experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience
Nice to Have
- Toyota Production System Lean experience.
- Black Belt certification
- Change management
- Lean and Six Sigma tool mastery
- Dynamic and engaging facilitation/training skills.
- Experience coaching and mentoring
- Ability to simply and clearly convey and communicate complex concepts.
- Ability to effectively communicate in a matrix organization.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and project management skills.
- Medical manufacturing experience